Interviewing

Discussion in 'Mentor' started by Anonymous, Jan 16, 2012 at 2:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im interviewing for an opening at mentor for a territory manager position. I read a few posts that seem pretty bad since JandJ took over. Anyone have a positive experience? Money seems good, although a bit less than what I'm making now. However, I'm basically on call and cover three states...so looking for a balance of good product, decent money and less travel/on call. Thanks for any replies...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It isn't as bad as some of the posts indicate. Yes J & J has made it more rigid for the pre J & J people but that is what big corporations do. The aesthetics industry has been built around price and relationships. Be prepared to always have best price be an important influence on your success. But the job can be a great position and I think plastic surgeons are some of the better physicians to have. The other caution for you is how much penetration does the competitor have in the territory you are considering. This is a long selling cycle so be prepared if the competition is entrenched.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agreed-if you're walking into a region that has little market share, you're hosed. J&J is very rigid, they take power away from TM's vs empowering them to make business decisions to impact their own territories/businesses. It's really less fun than it used to be and with the J&J practice of limiting sales rep's incomes...there may be better opportunities.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two years ago, I would have said take the job for sure. Now, there is NO way you should take it. A VERY uphill battle w/ J&J at the helm.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is the money (what is base sal. Plus commission) for experienced sales reps here...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is the Chicago territory and manager?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the annual comp like for Orlando? Good market? Thanks!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you a dumbass? I mean that with all due respect.