Interviewing

Discussion in 'CEVA' started by Anonymous, Aug 9, 2014 at 12:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have any insight on how a typical first interview is here? Star format questions or will it be whatever the mgr style is on asking questions such as job history and prior sales performance?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What position?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Territory Manager-Ft.Wayne.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ceva is not the type of organization you want to be involved with, unless you are desperate to get AH experience. You will regret your choice and you will be looking for another job within 6 months.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems that Ceva just merged with another company and maybe a lot of changes going to happen, but I want to get into AH and I definitely would not want to be looking for another job within 6months. It will take that long to start to make impact in the geography.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Realistic Insight: You will have 6 months to verse yourself with the product and territory, after that, plan on 3-6 months to deliver the A-Game you sold them on so wonderfully during the interview process. If you don't live up to the hype plan on finding yourself on a wonderful program with copious amounts of stress and anxiety called PIP :)

Good luck!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ceva will give you a short leash. It has been said before... heed the warnings. If you NEED the job, then take it, but do yourself a favor and take every interview you can get to get your resume out there.

If you land the job at Ceva, Keep looking. Selling shampoo and generic products (Meloxidyl and Milba-guard) makes for a very long day, as if selling (read: trying to give away) Vectra 3D to anybody isn't hard enough.

Ask your interviewer how many people in the region made quota in 2013, and then ask how many people have made quota in 2014.

Ask for the phone numbers of the region teammates and ask them about their pay and their quality of life.

Accept the job and work like a little eager beaver. Go to training. Come back from Lenexa a walking robot repeating "But Doctor, we are Veterinary exclusive" and "Dr. Byron Blagburn says orals are a novel approach..."

Repeat that at least a thousand times. Don't ever show your manager that you don't believe a word you are saying.

Ride out your grace period and right before you call the manager to turn in your two weeks notice, look in the mirror and repeat these words "I was warned."

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love it. Best post in the whole ceva thread

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone comment on the interviewing process, training, job satisfaction, etc. for a territory manager position.
    Thanks!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please read any comment on this board and tell me what you think job satisfaction is like!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Process is typical interview process. Several levels involved. Regardless of previous comments, the company is growing and overall treats me fairly.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the honest response. Can you tell me about benefits, company car, and do managers micro manage? Thanks!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look. I will be 100% honest with you. Your satisfaction at Ceva depends solely on where you came from in the past. If you have AH experience at a bigger company, you will probably nog like Ceva. If you are transitioning up, you might like it until you figure out that this place sucks.

Ceva is better than working for enterprise rental, but not by much.

Most managers I know are micromanagers.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow..... I think they have to be micromanagers with stupidly ridiculous inquiries coming from their candidate pool more concerned about company vehicles!!

Hey dip Sh!t... why don't you also inquire about extended vacation time, noon massages and if your 3 day work week that ends daily at 2pm is provided here! .....(Mgm't ... we gotta do a better job vetting these Bozo's).

I think Burger King provides it's employee's free lunch.... you may want to turn in your resume there.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is it so wrong to ask about things that affect your daily life? A company car is one of the most common questions asked from people not in the AH Industry.

Who doesn't want to know about the insurance benefits?

Asking those types of questions before wasting anybody's time is called doing your due diligence.

You are just being a smart-ass.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My question would be why would you want to work in a company with such a hostile group of peers? You can do better.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

If you can sell, and like a challenge, come on in.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will you all stop embarrassing yourselves and STFU!

Managers stop responding - be professional. Tms go do some work and stop calling each other. DK and JM - posting these responses is inappropriate however proves the lack of leadership and professionalism at Ceva. All talk , no walk. Can't trust you as far as TL can throw her next fling on quest for promotion

This is becoming as sad as listening to one of your TMs trying to detail products with data dump and promos.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If by "sell" you mean give Vectra away on Bogo for your 20 carton orders, then sure; by all means join Ceva. Then, spend your time "selling" Vectra by incentivizing staff with 2 or 3 dollars a card sold for a month.

That isn't selling. It's whoring yourself out.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Huh