Interviewing

Discussion in 'Oxford Immunotec' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2014 at 5:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi. I'm was contacted by a recruiter for a TM 2 position in several regions and would like an honest opinion because I might have to move. I have a strong pharma background of 2 years and was recently an associate rep with a huge device company. I'm not sure if I'm over qualifed but I need to find out the following;

Base Pay
    Total comp 1st year
    Benefits
    Management style
    Advancement opportunities
    Vacation days

Please help my interview is next week. Thanks y'all.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think they want pharma reps...do you really want to come here, have you read the posts about this place...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a pharma rep? Then yes you are over qualifed. Don't wort about comp, benefits, base, etc. it pays less than what you make...however, the vacations days they offer are 296 days a year.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I figured. I have a friend who lives in Atlanta and he said the rep there hates his job and makes no money. I just figured everyone else could be making money and make it worth the jump. Thanks for all the help. I'll let y'all know how the interview goes.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because smart people never pass up an opportunity to get an offer ....douche.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dummy we were talking you probably are a plant (Wayne). But, you must be desperate and that is ok. Have fun

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's the dummy if you are the one who works for the company? At the end of the day I still make more money than you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks y'all.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hilarious....could you imagine working here? I hate this place, I spend the whole day interviewing and looking for a job. Its not just wayne, the middle managers are just as bad. My manager rides with me once a F'ing week.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the worst job I have ever had in my sales career hands down! Go on the interview and get the practice but I would carefully consider joining this company. I regret it every single day.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i had a phone screen with these guys and thought it went horribly. recruiter called by day's end and said they thought I was great and wanted me to fly to boston. I smelled some strange desperation and bailed. Thank you gut!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

congrats on the bad interview!!! We are really happy that everything didn't work out.....you just saved your career and families future!

Team Oxford

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

im glad I didn't get the call after being a so called finalist

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are making a collasal mistake, this company is going to be the next big thing! Our top reps are make 300k+ with over 60,000 in stock options. Good luck with that other "opportunity"

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The spelling and grammar on this site is terrible. If any of you make over $100k it is a huge problem.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

over 6000 views to this company not reading though them are there real problems? Please advise. I do know that recruiter yes she is poor at what she does.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you serious? Go back to scholl yuo iletrete retrd. Typicl oxford repestive

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bad management here Wayne is bringing down the pack and reads these post and employees linkedin and questions them. What do you think! He is just a bad person

19. This place is a joke. In my entire sales career I have never had such a negative experience within an organization. The organization has change a ton since I started. At first it wasn't a bad job at all. Actually loved the job and made some fantastic money. 2013 compensation plan was fair and the yearly goal was realistic. It's a shame to see what in my opinion was a promising organization to work for become a place that is unbearable to be a part of. Its toxic at Oxford and the upper management has become arrogant, dictatorial and oblivious. They do not value employees and view them as expendable. In some regards this is true however when you experience such a high volume of senior representative turnover it justifies a closer look. Follow the system or you are gone. Requirements for the job. Able to memorize word for word pitch to paint the "message". Able to use markers to draw out pictures around the words you memorized. Be sure to use the correct colors. Able to log every single thing you do during the day. I hear they are planning to add a "bathroom" drop down so shits can be tracked. Have field rides on the regular. Be picked apart like a fat girl pledging a sorority (never pretty). Very robotic approach with limited thinking out of the box potential. I would pass on this company unless you are desperate for diagnostic experience or a job. Just my opinion as a former representative.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very good points above. I am also a former employee and was only on for about ten months. After 5 months I was done. Got screwed over a few times. I was blown away that they would have such little regard for the reps in the field, because we are the ones bringing in every cent of new business, but that has been the MO. Anyway, I'm very happy with my new company, but the only reason I came on this morning was to share that last night I had a nightmare that I was still working at Oxford. That's how shitty my experience was.