Interviewing

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, May 25, 2018 at 1:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

interviewed last week for pcp in the south. Can someone give me the low down on benefits, culture, car, etc. serious responses would be great, although not expecting much on here.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

About 20 pto days combined sick and vacation. Some say they have micro managers but mine is great. A round of layoffs last August and a bigger round of layoffs in January. A little risky to work here but if you get laid off they take great care of you, to the point where some have wish they had gotten laid off. Company car is equinox or Ford Edge. There are a few minivans out there for reps with families.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for the info. Do they close for Xmas week as well?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes they close down the week of Xmas but they make you use your PTO time for it. Lol what a nice gesture right?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What if you have none left? Docked from your paycheck? Crazy. Thanks again for the info, much appreciated.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poster above doesn’t know what they are talking about. It’s a company shut down, no pto needed (at least for sales reps, above poster may be an hourly home office worker or something) We previously had a floating holiday but it was switched to the company shutdown.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes that is correct. If you have used all your PTO by the time of the company shutdown for Xmas, then yes they will take that time out of your paycheck. Very generous huh? This company is in financial turmoil

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is bullshit.

The week between christmas and new year is a company shutdown and no PTO is needed.

Legacy AGN used to give a couple of floating holidays that employees could use throughout the year but would be lost if not used by end of year.

But that ended a few years ago

Now no PTO is needed for company shutdown...get your facts straight

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PTO needed. Last year was the first time. Made us take it.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You should tell to HR. You got screwed.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PTO is absolutely required for the Christmas holiday shutdown. I’m in sales and it is 100% required. You don’t enter it in the system like you typically would for PTO but the company deducts it out of your PTO. Facts are facts.
    I think it sucks and is a cheap move by a large company like Allergan. You need to go read up on it.
    I remember the first year they implemented it and at first we all thought we were finally getting that week off. Then about 3 months later the company sent out another email with fine print at the bottom stating we have to use our PTO time and if we have none left then it comes out of our paycheck.
    I take those days off anyway so it doesn’t matter to me but I still don’t like being forced to use MY PTO. So even if you wanted to work during that time & save your PTO, you can’t.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% accurate. This is exactly how I remember it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In 2016 they gave us three pto days specifically reserved to be used for the shutdown. That came in addition to the standard pto. If you used that pto prior to the shutdown, you were required to use your own pto to cover that time

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is false. And yes they make you use your PTO for the company holiday shut down.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No...it is not false.

2016 they gave floating hollidays that were meant for the christmas shutdown. As with everything Actavis touched...it turned to shit since so many people used them up AND THEN had to use PTO for the shutdown.

Last year PTO was not needed for company shutdown...end of story. Go on portal and read the fucking policy

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stupidest argument ever...

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think there is some confusion, but you DO NOT give up PTO for the shutdown.

Technically, your floating holidays are available to you (on top of your PTO days and the one volunteer day) in Kronos so if you use that day as PTO before the shutdown, then you will have to use actual PTO days.

Your manager is supposed to instruct you not to use the floating holidays and to use the volunteer day (since that is the one day that will not roll over).

If you lost PTO days, it's because you booked floating holidays off...

Even then, it's only 2 PTO days max. Three of the days are company holidays.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The same person keeps posting to support his arguement. Look at posting days and times. What a loser for not knowing he has to use his PTO time and the company doesn’t give it to you for Xmas. Otherwise it would automatically be entered as a holiday like the 4th of July and other holidays when you don’t have to use your PTO.
    Fight on though bro

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are 13 paid company holidays including the 3 for company shutdown. You do not need to use PTO and there are not Floating Holidays anymore.