Interviewing

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, May 25, 2018 at 1:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I promise you it's not the same person posting...I'm one of them and I only posted once. Perhaps two people, but definitely not one.

My guess is that you're an hourly employee and then yes, you would use your PTO.

Here is the actual policy, found at 1hrsource linked from the Allergan portal. After reading this your either going to realize that you are an hourly employee like we've been telling you, or you don't even work for Allergan, or you're a complete idiot.

Purpose

Provide guidance on the leave time a U.S. employee receives for Company-recognized Holidays and the Company shutdown.

Scope

This policy applies to Allergan (the Company) employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.

Eligibility

Regular full-time and part-time employees (both exempt and non-exempt) are eligible for Company-recognized Holidays and the Company Shutdown.

Guidelines

Allergan observes a total of 12 paid holidays each calendar year, including 3 days for the Company Shutdown. A holiday schedule is published annually identifying the specific days that will be observed that year. All regular full-time and regular part-time employees will be paid for hours that they are regularly scheduled to work on Company-recognized holidays.

Company Shutdown:

The Company Shutdown takes place in the same workweek and is comprised of 2 scheduled holidays and 3 Shutdown holidays.

Non-exempt colleagues: For non-exempt colleagues, the Company Shutdown will be treated like any other company holiday. If your business requires that you work during the Shutdown you will be paid in accordance with local wage practices for holiday time worked.

Exempt colleagues: For exempt colleagues the Shutdown is holiday time. There will be no timekeeping measures you will need to take. Exempt colleagues who work during the Shutdown may be granted comp time at their manager’s discretion. (Comp time is not tracked in Kronos.)

Management Rights

The company reserves the right to amend, alter, modify or terminate this policy at any time, without notice.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Okay, getting to the more important things to consider...

What is the culture like? Do they prefer to hire younger, less experienced reps? Or do they value experience in a new hire (40s, 10-15 years in industry)?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What Division?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you’re in primary care, they prefer you have no industry experience so they can train you. For some reason a lot of managers like enterprise rent a car experience.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one should hire you since your focus is on how much time off.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In PC they’re gonna hire someone with literally no experience and pay them $55-$60k
    Just the Allergan way

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not much different in hospital. I know someone who was hired at 88k in hospital. Crazy

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What about Women’s Health? Are there many male reps here? Pay info?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What area?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WH in general. Wondering if this division tends to hire female reps. And pay for someone not in a high cost of living area.
    Thx

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What range is there for negotiation of salary for Specialty Rep - CNS\

Which products in bag?

What does commission total and structure look like for Specialty - CNS

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Namzaric, viibryd, vrAylar

$75k

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is commission structure - total at plan?

Paid quarterly?
    Capped/Uncapped?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

quarterly. I think it’s capped but still very generous. But if you get earn a huge bonus it’s taxed heavily

One specialty rep said at plan the make $130k but that seems high to me. My guess is $115k tops.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

About 85 TOPS because this company is one of the lowest paying companies. Churn and burn through reps, disrespected by management, 3-5 drugs in your bag so bonus reach is almost impossible. Run. I'm out of this and making 146k with my bonus!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I started in March, and I already want to leave. Micromanaging is unbareable.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yeah this company is known for that has been from day 1

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So 85k tops but 146k bonus? This clown is contradicting his or herself. An awful rep would make $2.5k bonus per quarter. The target for PCR is $8k per quarter. So specialty has to be higher than that. And yes, people make their bonus. Yes Allergan’s base salary is low. But the bonuses are attainable but heavily taxed

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In CO and TX it is the best part part part time job ever. Actually , can you ca it work when you never leave your house???

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most Specialty Reps make $70-$75 with $30,000 in bonus per year, at plan. Vraylar has been above goal since launch, so CNS reps make more in bonus (on average) than GI reps.