Intuitive Surgical

Discussion in 'Intuitive Surgical' started by Anonymous, Mar 26, 2007 at 8:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know who the manager is for Pensacola, Florida?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The negative stench of damaged families lives and career derailment, caused by their toxic corporate culture has become too difficult for them to continue to contain. The turnover is one of, if not the worst in the med-device world. Divorces, depression and excessive weight gain are the norm for the sales force. Catch you doing wrong, and your best is not even close to good enough, is their fear-based management style. Many of their customers are becoming, or have become enraged with overly aggressive and lying sales reps and managers with fabricated ROI models to shove the $2MM robotic system into hospitals and surgeons that have no business implementing a DaVinci system in already overly saturated markets. The quality of new hires continues to diminish. Talented, employed, successful, seasoned reps avoid this company because they know enough people in the industry to know the truth, so all that is left in the hiring pool is naive, young, new, inexperienced med reps, pharma reps, ex-real-estate or seasoned reps that sold into the plastic surgery / laser world and are now unemployed and willing to take anything that will allow them to make the payments on their over leveraged liabilities. The money is not what they are promising you. Your first year, you will work to fix the existing damage and struggle to make your number. The second year, if you can make it that long, because the average employment for a rep is just under a year, you may have a real chance to make 180-250. Don’t do it for the stock because your options will be at such a high strike price you will make little to no money when and if you get a chance to sell them. That money is only there if you are in a market that has REAL, not fabricated by your hiring manager, growth opportunities in your territory, with new systems already in the pipeline and ready to close. If you take a territory that has been open for a while or and "expansion"(the worst accounts) territory, then you are walking into stalled accounts with apathetic, angry customers that have already seen, and are exhausted with the excessive revolving door of new reps and managers walking into their hospitals every couple of quarters. If you are ok with life destruction, NANO-management by young inexperienced cool-aid drinking, corporate tool, robotic, cultish, yes-men, that will randomly call or ride with you and ask you if "you believe-the beliefs" or state "I am concerned about you belief system”; then this is the job for you. Or if you find yourself thinking: I wish I was excessively driven daily by my management to get more low quality, undertrained, unsure, unsafe, low volume surgeons to perform excessive, unnecessary surgery, while working 60-80 hours a week, gaining weight, neglecting all family and friends and wondering every day if today is the day I am going to get fired, then HELL YEAH..... This is the perfect job for you. Seek the truth, don't believe the hype. For all you Kool-aid drinking, in denial, cult members that will say I am just a hater, disgruntled employee that could not hack it..... You could not be more wrong.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last post on 10/30 is 100% accurate. Do not believe the hype. There is so much micro management that you spend as much time defending yourself from management as you do trying to do your job. Most people here would say "I love what I do" but don't the love the company they do it for. The same holds true for the clients/customers. They love the technology and hate the company. You can make comparable dollars doing something that you like just as well in a company and culture that is more interested in finding out what you have done right and how to reproduce it, than finding the 1 thing you did wrong and bringing it up over and over again. The shame of it is, they believe that its their style that has made them successful in their growth and adoption. When reality is, they could be so much better and probably have experienced even greater growth had they decided to foster their people- and their clients- instead of beating them to death. You will have no family, you will have no life. Decide which is the most important.

Hey, look at it this way...take the job and earn a few dollars. Do your time in the equivalent of a Turkish Prison and then move on. Or, just pass on the opportunity in the first place

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the Philly/SNJ position still open?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any information on the new GYN position they are creating? It is going to be a position to assist the CSR in increasing sales in the GYN arena from what I understand.

Is this a good job? What is the payscale for this?

any useful info would be greatly appreciated.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see most of the posts on here talking about the CSR position. How does that differ from the capital sales position? Are the capital reps still doing procedures and training with the physicians, or are they spending most of their time on the administrative side of the sale?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hahah. I work for another company in the area and am pretty familiar with these reps. Can you be more specific?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got a call yesterday from Clinical Sales Director and now have subsequent F2F w/ CV manager. Solid company. I work for a contract mfg now and these guys are a good account. Have been involved in the design of several systems for IS. On another note, anyone looking for a leg up or foot in the door to med device should consider going the contract mfg route. Know most of the big players' devices inside and out. Just started looking a couple weeks ago and have interest from Ethicon, Intuitive, Abbott, and Cook. Helps to not only know the devices you're selling inside and out, but certainly the competitors' products. Feel like I knew more about Abbott's delivery system than DM.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Intuitive Surgical-Here's the inside deal

Everyone know the leadership is rat bastards. They came over from US Surg with a plan to rape virgin children, eat fresh fetus for dinner and club baby seals to get ahead. Sold some robots. Being the greedy and stupid f'ers that they are they did not support the bots or the customers. Think about it, dump off a 1.5 million bot in a hospital and do nothing as 80% of them collect dust? (We are talking great PR here.) So then one of greedy bastards get an idea for a great new business plan... let's act like we give a shit!! We will start lying our asses off some more and talk about how much care about the patients. Then we will hire a bunch of CSR's because "we care about patients now." We will treat them like shit and work them Camobian refugees. But the medical community knows they are bastards. Everyone knows the CSR position has nothing to do with patients and is all about disposables. Don't doubt it for a second, these f'ers care about nothing and no one but feeding their fat asses and piling up as much $$ as possible. So far its working. But they have burnt sooooo many bridges, Academia and the rest of the world can't wait for the competition! Everyone wants to see them burn in hell and with all thee "Love" they have created they are already living in it!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Intuitive Surgical - Word up Fetus Eaters!

Do you virgin child rapers know about the video's of your "Business Plan" Discussions? Its great stuff. I hear its circulating the academic centers. Its giving the world a nice look at your nasty, greedy asses. Be a damn shame if it ended up on 20/20. You think AIG is hated. Wooooo. Better make sure you have you have your retirement funds secured. You might them. Soon!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am going through the interview process for the CSR position. Can anyone tell me the interviewing final steps.

Do they check your GPA in College...and require transcripts of each semester. I have been out of school for 15 years and have been a Surgical Rep for 8 years. That seems odd to me... My recruiter said that is the standard for Intuitive. I have been a Top of the Chain Rep. Ranked Rep, President club winner, multiple awards, Blah blah blah...

I was really exicited about the position, but now my recruiter's statements makes me question the direction of the company... Are they hiring young reps with not that much Surgical experience? Or is my recruiter making that up...I don't who I should believe, he doesn't seem like the brightest bulb on the tree...

I have been a surgical rep for 8 years and surrived 3 buyouts. The company I am currently with is pushing all us "Senior" reps out, they have changed the commision plan and they are hiring inexperienced low grade device reps/ Pharm reps to be in the OR... b/c they work for way less.

10 years ago we were a start up and the company culture was let your numbers do the talking, "Results not Reasons", now its meetings about meetings about reports for meetings and more reports for more meetings about meetings. They seem to care more about the "Fluff" then the numbers.

I want to make a move, I not afraid of long hours, but I also don't want to be signing my life away...I have a work hard, play hard attitude. I don't want to be signing up for a company's culture that doesn't allow you to have a life outside of work...And they Micro manage you, at this level, I don't need my hand held. Is that true...no down time? Micro managed? Or is possible that you can work hard and smart and bring your laptop into the case and on the Surg down time do your emails/reports, in order shave off the hours on the backend of your day?

I am also concerned after reading the blog...What is the real deal, How much money does a CSR make on average 1st year? and what do the top reps make overall?

The territory I am interviewing for is, an expansion territory and I was just informed the hiring manager is no longer with Intutitive. Should I be concerned?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing I will offer is this. You will work hard all day and possibly the weekend as well. I know 5 people over here and I too interviewed but wd from the process because frankly I dont want to work 12-15 hours a day every day. Are they growing? Yes. Can you move up very quickly if you so choose? Yes. Will you bust your butt all day long? You better believe it. Surgeons will call you, and your head will spin with the amount of surgery you will be doing. Again if you want to work hard and make good bucks this job is for you. IT IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY. The minute they sense you are questioning the hours they will boot you from the process. Very militant but the bottom line is, they are growing and can be arrogant.

I was quoted that first year pay at plan was 190k but I also heard you can get as much as 210k. Thats all you need to know. Good luck

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what the heck?? 180-200k and now it's like sweat shop pay??? what the hell--- this is what's wrong with this whole site. can;t get a clue until after the 6th interview what the pay is.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"what the heck, what the hell?!" Christ you sound like a pussy. Do what successful device reps do: your freaking homework. If you're selling devices already, find a CSR rep in the OR and ask them the deal w/ comp, corp environment, etc... If you're not in device, pick up the phone, call Intuitive and get the cell #'s for the reps in your area. Don't rely on CF as your only source of info.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK so I hear that folks are still wanting to leave or are leaving like crazy, that the micro managing is still over the top, managers are treated like crap and that customers are just begging for a competitor to enter the space so they can tell Intuitive to go take a leap….Am I wrong?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, you're right.

However, I don't know about doc's begging for a competitor to come in. There are studies being published that call into question the benefits of robotic surgery for some of the procedures Intuitive is now pushing the robot for. To maintain it's aggressive growth model, Intuitive has to expand into hospitals, physicians and procedures that they shouldn't. Despite what Intuitive will tell you, not every surgery in the world needs to be done robotically.
    IMHO, this is what's going to hurt Intuitive the most. A lot of people are getting questionable outcomes and feeling very screwed over...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a real question for you all. Do you really expect Hospitals to just up and leave Intuitive after they bought a fucking million dollar robot and spent tons of other money and man hours getting people to use it? NO FUCKING WAY! Just because Titan or someone else comes along doesnt mean they will just leave. The top level of the hospital wanted this technology as a marketing tool so they can put it all over the billboards that we all pass on road.

Maybe in time they will boot you out but not right away. Good day.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not trying to sturr up controversy here as there are many perspectives that are valid and should be respected. Reason I am asking is that I have now interviewed 2 different individuals in the sales ranks at intuitive that are not very happy and are looking for something different. Of course I too can find folks who are not happy at my company (a medical device business) but these folks were pretty clear that Intuitive’s approach to employees was growing rough and that the company’s real focus is revenue or “hitting the number” and not so much what’s in the best interest of advancing patient care. In addition they felt like they know too many people in the organization who don’t feel like the company is what it used to be from a culture standpoint. Nevertheless it sounds like Intuitive is evolving as mature companies do and might just be going through a different set of growing pains. I am sure they are also trying to continue to push the pioneering nature of their system which will challenge traditional boundaries and make many people uncomfortable. Often times it takes unique vision, strong, focused, persistent and militant management to make great things happen especially when they are surrounded with a number of doubters. Of course there is risk with that approach too but I hope it does not affect Intuitive. So long as senior management never forgets that the patient comes before money they will be fine.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one except for that lone poster suggested that hospitals are looking to boot them out. The point was that Intuitive is going to hit the wall and the days of 20% growth every quarter are going to be much harder to come by.
    They'll continue to drive reps and managers into the ground trying though...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Growing rough? Intuitive has been known for years as a churn & burn job where most last 18-24 months on the long end. Intuitive was great 5 years ago, now they're a rep factory chewing up experienced reps with the assumption that there are 10 behind him dying to get in.