Inventiv Driving/Background checks?

Discussion in 'Syneos Health' started by Anonymous, May 18, 2015 at 2:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi yall, I was just wondering if anyone has any insight into this? I have a perfect record except for a DUI diversion that happened over a year ago. I have an offer from Inventiv and I'm filling out my background check right now, I was clear and up front with the recruiter on this and they said as long as there is no conviction there is no worries which there isn't because it was dropped.
    I am in California if that matters. I am a bit nervous because my friend just got denied by Actavis in the background because they have a 5 year policy on anything DUI related including diversion.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't be to worried since its a contract company. If you were getting hired by a regular Pharma company than I would worry

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the credit score they are looking for?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your credit score will have nothing to do with whether or not you get this job.

This is a sales job, not a loan application…and inVentiv is known to hire good sales reps, that can present themselves well, and have a good track record.

You will be fine. Next question.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is good to here. Lay-offs hurt.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not if you plan properly. Save up while you are working, and lay-offs will be your best friend because you can explore other industries and companies, relax a bit, travel, and post on cafe pharma all day long!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you end up getting the job with Inventiv? I’m going through a similar situation now.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Contract work is part time gig (ALL contracts end) so go ahead and check that box and then fill in the box below that "to explain" ....

But you better kiss ass your DM if you do get hired... really how many good candidates without a Drinking and drugging driving problem were also considered --- Hang On you say! I know you just made a poor choice and drove after maybe one more than you should have,, we've all been there; but let that hiring DM mention that to a company lawyer and just watch that lawyer make all kinds of nasty faces after hearing you've come onboard and have been given a company car to drive around in.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you have any type of DUI on your driving record you will NOT get the job. If you get a DUI while you are employed here, they will find out and you will be automatically terminated by HR.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if a bankruptcy would cause pharma not to hire someone?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bankruptcy will eliminate a candidate. The reason is that a company credit card is provided as well the need to complete expense reports for reimbursement. The concern with bankruptcy is that if you can't manage your financial responsibility well you also might not manage the company's money well.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fake News....I declared bankruptcy in 2003. Currently on my second contract with Inventiv. I was approved for the company card no problem. Also, I use my own card most of the time for points. So I don’t think the company card is even necessary.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A bankruptcy stays on your credit report for 10 years. Contract sales organizations like inventiv are often in such a hurry to fill a contract, they sometimes don't check. That goes for work history and driving history as well.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Complete BS. They require up to 2 weeks to complete Background Investigation (aka BI) where drug screen results, driving record, degrees, and employment history is ALL verified. If you happen to have a contract that is asking for an expedited process (very rare occurrence) it means you will be hired (and informed that it’s contingent) before the above is fully completed and then terminated if anything is found to be out of line. Including DUI. Credit history is dependent on contract as the client has the last say on whether they will financially back your AMEX or not. It happens but it’s never a good sign. InVentiv won’t Back the AMEX as all expenses for your contract are passed thru/ back to the client. If you are denied a card by AMEX and the client won’t sign off (take full financial responsibility if you don’t pay AMEX) then bottom line is you need to be able to perform all the duties with your own out of pocket $ and then wait to be reimbursed. No excuses like can’t afford to pay out of pocket for parking or tolls or such or else you will b terminated for inability to perform job duties as described when hired. So, the process and requirements are really no different than any other company you could be hired by.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What if the DUI is ove 5 years old?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will be OK if DUI is over 5 years