IPAD Tracking

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Jan 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not very tech savy and will shorly had a company issued IPAD. A question to those that currently have an IPAD : In what ways does or can the company track reps with this device?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great question - I also was recently issued an iPad and was wondering much the same - Does anyone have any feedback or info?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ipads have built in gps...some come with data plans just like your cell phones...so if they can track you via cell phone they can track you via ipad...don't have the specifics but you get the gist.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These companies are so stupid.
    Sure, they want to make sure people are working, which is reasonable. But, what they don't seem to understand (maybe they do understand it, but are too arrogant to face reality) is that TALENTED people are not going to want these micromanged jobs despite the great pay.

The types of people you are going to get are those that want to make the money and will accept the micromangement...

and those people are usually recent college grads that don't care about privacy and don't know any better

OR those people that are not very talented and need big brother to get any work done.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bravo...I have said the same thing for years...These companies are so damn stupid...the only reps left are going to be nitwits like management...I guess they want it that way?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup! that way I don't have to babysit you. just a click of the mouse...off to drink my coffee!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys are hilarious. A bunch of paranoids. Watch out for the black helicopters!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are we paranoid?

they do track, and that is silly in sales. Sales is sales. You are producing or you are not. If I wanted to have a job where productin was not important, then micromanage me all you want.

the discussion is that TALENT will not put up with micromanagement, and will pursue other opportunites where SELLING is most important.

You are not very smart, are you?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have decided to hell with the targeting requirement. It is impossible when we are tripping all over each other in the field. There are so few targets and territories are so small now in CVAS/Hospital that literally one of us would need to be in an office every three days to meet the plan. LMAO!!!! OMG!!!! I am totally unmotivated at this point. The poster is right. People that really want to sell and want responsibility, are not going to want these jobs. What a horrible mistake I made coming to AZ.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As Bill Clinton liked to say, "I feel your pain".

Money is important in life, but once you can learn to live with less and find something you truly love and something that is valued by others, you will never be the same. You will grow as a person, and have more fun in life.

Good luck. There are great opportunities out there, if you are willing to listen and keep looking.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to "privacy", turn off "location services" and presto. No more tracking.

12. Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle Active Member

Unless Apple did an invisible app for corporate so that tracking is always on. Companies are sneaky that way.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YUP.
    Like I stated earlier on this website, the people will endure in the new world order of corporate America will be those recent college graduates that are brainwashed and don't know any better OR those that are corporate drones alrady and don't know any better and will never know any better, also known as sales mangers mostly or psycho podmates that can't sell and love to check up on people.

And these people can't sell and dam thing and the company could care less because they are just numbers.

Wake up people!
    There is a better way to live life than working for a corporation!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are apps that track your location and where you travel throughout the day. Usually a company will tell you they are adding the app as a "warning". But with Ipads, if the it doesn't have 3G service turned on, then they can't track you.

If they pay for the 3G, then turn location services off and do your job.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have air watch on our iPads. Turn off the location service and you will get terminated. It shows where your iPad is at all times and for how long. It's horrible.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are a number of apps that can track. Don't be naive by simply turning off location services in general settings. Many compnies s Mobile Iron to download company apps and it has the capability of gps tracking, historical tracking, gps fence tracking ( where you were when ypu entered the call...ie were you within customer "fence") etc...any type of "push" settings can locate you.

For those that assert "paranoia" or "black helicopters".... You are either ignorant of he technology or most likely a scum sucking micro managing insecure incompetent should never had been promoted pharma manager.

To my fellow Reps- all these devices have the tracking capability and as always if they want you they will get you on reords falsification, which is standard practice since they are unable to terminate you based on sales results.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love the way some people insist that they have sales talent in pharma. What a joke!!! You have zero measurable impact on your territories sales. To quote a VP, "data at the territory level are thin at best." You are a cog in a much larger machine. Excluding new products, indications, formulary changes, etc...even the machine has no measurable impact beyond what's expected. Your successes and failures have far more to do with random changes in uncontrollable factors.

I understand how difficult it is at the rep level to comprehend this, seeing how you're constantly told how important you are to the machine, and, how you are judged on such ridiculous data streams. But, I'm absolutely amazed by the sheer number of smart individuals in this industry that refuse to accept this truth - even when the consultants demonstrate the fact. The human capacity for self delusion knows no bounds.

Sorry for the sidebar - continue with your paranoia...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Today, you are correct.

About 5 years ago and on, I disagree. Reps that hit their targets and build relationships and offer good customer service and know their stuff, do make a difference.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My friend you are incorrect! Reps do have impact. If you don't believe me just leave a territory vacant long term and it will become obvious.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SI Joint Fusion T Code? BCBS New Denial Policy?

SI Joint Fusion T Code? BCBS New Denial Policy?