Is a college degree required to be hired by Nuvasive?

Discussion in 'NuVasive' started by Anonymous, Oct 2, 2012 at 9:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello everyone,

I was wanting to try my shot at getting in with Nuva. I only completed 2 years of college and dropped out of college simply because my major was not what I originally thought i wanted to pursue. I talked to a few people in the industry and asked the same question. Some people told me it is required and some didnt. some said to be a full rep it is and to be an associate its not. I have been told many different things.

For those of you with Nuva without a 4 year B.S. degree, please chime in and tell your story or if you have any insight, please, tell your story.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank You,

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES! In today's competitive medical device environment a College/University Degree is a must. A resume without a diploma gets deleted....there are far too many candidates with them than without. Finish school! You might be a hard worker, but stopping after 2 years of College is not a good selling point.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Dad. Actually take look at the stock price of the company. It wont be around by the time you get your degree. consider yourself lucky.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, i know quiting after two years was not the best decision but after talking to a few reps, i didnt feel out of luck thus why i posted. Im still gonna take my chance. What about Globus Medical? I have heard great things about them. Do all companies go by the same requirments?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You ain't kidding:

http://community.nasdaq.com/News/2012-10/the-hell-with-nuvasive-stock-get-hired-by-one-of-its-competitors-at-1m.aspx?storyid=179572

There are NO State of Federal laws requiring any kind of degree to smack those nerve monitoring pads onto patients for the surgeon. Odd though....States make Acupuncturists get certified and they aren't dealing with life-death-or maim with a Nerve Monitoring System.

You would think Obama and the Union boys would pass a law mandating people who smack nerve monitoring pads onto patients have some kind of certification/license.....to create jobs and grow the economy...create careers. I don't understand why Obama and the Union's aint cracked down on them yet.

People have been injured/killed over that Nerve Monitoring System and lack of knowledgable people using them.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any company that will hire you as a Direct Rep (W-2) will require a 4-year degree. Your best bet to get into the industry is to hook up with an Independent Distributor that makes their own hiring requirements.

Good luck!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I lack a college degree and have worked as a w2 employee for 3 corporate companies in the past 10 years. Although difficult it can be done.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awesome. Can you please tell me what companies?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did see Howdy Doodie won another award with Nuvasive this past weeken---Sometimes dummies win too.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is Howdy? What did he win? For those of us who weren't there.