Is Acelity going public ?

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Jul 2, 2015 at 11:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

San Antonio-based Acelity LP Inc., the parent company of wound-care company Kinetic Concepts Inc., is planning an initial public offering that is expected to raise $1 billion later this year, according to a report by the Wall Street Journal.

Citing people familiar with the matter, the Journal reported on its website Tuesday afternoon that Acelity’s owners, which inclue private equity firm Apax Partners LP, have retained JPMorgan Chase & Co., Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Bank of America Merrill Lynch to lead the deal.

Proceeds from the offering would go to pay down the company’s debt, the Journal added.

An Acelity spokesman had no immediate comment on the report.

Hmmmm, mandatory employee stock purchase plan as part of the NEXT comp plan ? Aren't we already helping pay down the one of the billions in debt ? I can't wait for this IPOS

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a joke. IPO when the revenue doesn't really support it? This would only benefit the top execs who want to sell their stock.

Don't see an Employee Stock Purchase Plan in your future!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who else will buy the stock?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are all kinds of things going on with Acelity that may not be "common" knowledge, but is out there if you do the digging. Regardless, I agree it is difficult to understand the appeal to investors. It will be very interesting to watch. I'm sure that reading CP is part of any seasoned investors due diligence. CP is definitely NOT a few "disgruntled and former" employees moaning and groaning about a difficult employer. Many truths are spoken here. Let the games begin

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was a no brainer. Apax cant make half of what they bought KCI for (and the other companies we bought) so an IPO is the last ditch effort...Dont get me wrong, an failed IPO wont sink us but there will be a lot more visibility to our quarterly numbers and when results are not there (like current situation) the first thing management will do is cut expenses, i.e. Jobs.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There was a time when we were KCI's BEST asset! I do not understand corporate America's current philosophy regarding their blatant disregard for their employees and the complete disinterest in the company culture ? How are there any winners here ? No doubt the freedom of being a private company is preferred to going public. The solution is staring you right in the face Acelity ! MAKE BETTER !!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got a call in to my broker !

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's see - $1.9 billion in sales with $5 billion in debt. Not a good company to invest in. An IPO will be a drop in the bucket to retire this debt.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The smartest thing Acelity could do is reach out to former employees and get some respect back for this company! My customers still talk about their former reps!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not going to happen. Respect is a two way street and the previous employees have lost all respect for this Company. Employees always have a choice and why work somewhere where there is absolutely no respect?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's funny. Why would people come back? The pay and benefits have been cut drastically. The good ones shouldn't need to come back and shouldn't want to.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boomerang recruiting. It had precedent

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

* has

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good companies don't do "boomerang" recruiting. The good employees don't come back.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's absolutely what I was thinking!!!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This isn't a "good" company anymore. IPO is a life support move. It won't work when potential investors find out how bad the company is screwing reps and how terrible the culture and moral is here. Not to mention all the reps leaving and telling customers about what KCI has done to them.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Investors and venture capitalists HATE reps lol! They do not care if they are getting paid (complex payment plans and lousy benefits PREFERRED) They do not care about culture or morale etc. They DO care about current and future revenue ONLY. I believe Acelity is trying to pull off the IPO before SNN has a chance to recapture some/any of the business lost due to Renasys recall. Nice how Acelity touts earnings on NPWT without mentioning THAT. It's always "seasonal adjustments" for Wall Street. Well I am sure that BOA and JPMorgan are familiar with the good old CP.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you think investors don't care about morale of a company, you're an amateur. As an investor myself, I absolutely care about company morale. Employees being treated poorly, especial in sales, can throw any potential future revenue right out the window. They don't make their sales calls and they have no skin in the game, how can you not care about that or think that wouldn't affect revenue. High turnover equals increased costs for interviewing and hiring new employees, increased training costs and time for a new employee to make an impact. All of that means lower revenue, less net profit and a decline in my shares. Maybe you should rethink how you're investing.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I may be an amateur, you sound like an idealist. These billion dollar IPO's are not typically available to the individual investor, as you likely know. The big brokerage firms are most def interested in current and future revenue, typically profit shortly after the IPO with a few scraps left for the individual sometime later. High turnover ? That is a game plan and Wall St does love a good layoff now don't they?