Is anyone leading the POC/POL division?

Discussion in 'Roche' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2014 at 8:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought there was a new leader in town. One who likes "pain". But it looks like he is missing in action. Where is the leadership that goes with a new leader? When does the reorganization start?

Hello, is anybody there?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When is the reorganization starting? Where is the leadership???????????

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We know it's coming Ron. Time to lead.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice goal Ron. Unachievable percentages won't win you any accolades if you fall short of unobtainable. You need to understand the businesses you are combining before you set lofty targets. Why put someone in charge that doesn't have a clue how our businesses work?

Oh, by the way, you might want to get your supply problems resolved so we can have a slight chance.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi goals + product backorder + reorganization = low morale and poor execution.

Great start.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How lofty r your goals??? Haven't heard anything about combining divisions or products yet and wondering where your info is coming from? What's the latest??? Are they having the coag go to hospital? What about the new flu test? I hate not being in the loop. Please share!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's hard to see how merging these two sales forces will be an improvement. I think it's going to be a cluster f. Too different business models, call points, etc. It doesn't make sense. Add to it huge goals and you set yourself up for failure. Then, cut Indy personnel to the bone to save money and you see what is happening, lack of product support, marketing and corporate accounts underwater.

Time to start leading!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talented Senior Managment in the U.S.

The United States has the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world and the West Coast has cutting edge Bio-Tech companies, innovative forward thinking individuals running these organizations.
    This senior management in Roche??? With all the people we could have running this company and this is the best we can do? We could have dynamic, intelligent, people work remotely if necessary, let's face it Indy is not the most glamourous place to live, so this is the best we can do? Wyman and Price? Out of the tens of thousands of CEO's in this country. My goodness this is sad.
    No Vision.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lead? He cannot even send an email that makes any sense, says nothing does nothing.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, auto-pilot. Weirdest company known to man. If we were publicly held the whole worthless bunch would be gone.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the sales data falsified with this company? I am new and it changes daily, when we actually can see the reports?

What did I do by taking this job! Less than a year and I am interviewing, that does not bode well on a resume.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No reorganization yet? What is going on? This is a rudderless ship. Where is the leadership?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ron, not telling the truth will decrease your credibility later. We know layoffs are coming, the only question is when. Not backfilling positions is a great clue that something is going to happen and so are the leaks coming out of Indianapolis. Time to be transparent even if the plans aren't concrete yet. Asking us not to talk about this is worthless. We want to know what will happen to our jobs. Why don't you step up and show your leadership skills?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We aren't making goal? Really? I mean, how could we possibly know where we are without accurate sales reporting? Isn't it important to know where you stand in relationship to a goal? Where is the leadership on fixing our reporting system? Ron, anyone?

And what numb nuts came up with a 10% goal for this year anyway? Based on what? A WAG? (That's Wild Assed Guess for those who haven't seen this acronym before). Also known as wishful thinking.

How can you sell when you are constantly trouble shooting base unit problems, 2 d bar coding issues, wireless card malfunctions and the total lack of support from the understaffed customer support team? Not to mention the boondoggle of the new Aviva meter. Thanks for the heads up on this.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones. Leadership, fix our problems before making unreasonable demands.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are not telling us anything because it will be a mass exodus, You all should know what is happening, when and if we can find jobs, The talented people out in the market place are strong they are strategic complex thinkers who sell diagnostics that actually do more than what we have to offer and do more than sell a device that no one wants anymore. The antidote is a couple months away the FDA is pushing towards getting it out they want it in the market, problem is NO, one size fits all and shelf space. Each antidote works on individual medication, BI may be first to hit.

Our market share maxed in clinics we are done, Hospitals have ISTAT they don't want another hand held, we cannot connect. We have 2 connectivity solutions, and the big IDNS are not RALS or Telecor the hospitals have minimal patients on the floors they can spin a blue top and get all the results they need for those 2 patients laying in beds why would institutions spend money here? They have more important things to care about, patient care, quality of care, not our stupid CCXS, meters, come on guys, if they really wanted to have CCS they would have bought it by now, not at an end of a product cycle. Diabetes will sell it into the hospitals they are there now. Simple fix.

They are not filling because they don't need us and they don't need CCXS, hospitals do not have the money to do POC.

Answer this? What have you sold lately? My bonus was 209 bucks. Roche keep your money you need it more than I do. It is an embarrassment to my career and my lifes work.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The cuts will be before the meeting, inside sales will run CCX in a telemarketing manner C.C. will run auto pilot. Diabetes get hospitals.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He cant, he is giving us a heads up hoping we will quit. Severance is expensive.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love my job. I have not made a call in nearly a year except an occasional phone call, I have not worked all year! I don't even need to do an in-service, inside sales does all that for me.

TOP 100 COMPANIES TO WORK FOR! My golf game hasn't been this good since college! I am getting rather domestic, my wife expects dinner and laundry done. Good trade off!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Roche management has really screwed up. The POC division's problems stem from a delayed approval for the Inform 2 and failure to launch a competitor in the blood gas market. It's pretty obvious and not a reflection on the market as much as poor management.

Instead of relying on consultants to do your work for you why don't you step up to the plate and make good business decisions? Get us good products, fix our internal processes, work to make marketing effective, among a few other things.

Short sighted executives who don't understand the business are the problem here. And the solution which has been echoed a thousand times in a thousand companies is to cut the work force to save money.

Wow, that is original and creative.

Market changes didn't cause our current problems. Roche management got us there all by itself. Or Roche mis-management.

So, step up and self select, especially those with talent who can find a new position.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is Mulally when you need him? He understands how to effect change in an organization to improve its processes, collaboration, quality of product and service. Also, how to break down silos in an organization so all units work well together with one purpose. He emphasizes continuous improvement and makes it happen.

There is plenty of internal talent at Roche ready to tackle the problems we face. We need to improve the quality of our products so they don't break or have to be pulled from the market. Our customer service needs to be top notch, no waiting for understaffed and overstretched departments to respond to customer needs. Internal processes such as contracting needs to be improved and made more efficient. Marketing too.

Silos between business units need to be broken down so there is collaboration in dealing with customers. Upper management needs to listen to their very experienced people to help with the improvements because the process needs to be continuous, not just knee jerk solutions delivered by outside consultant vendors that really don't have a clue to how we run our business.

So we lay people off. This is a big failure of management. Who will stand up and take responsibility for it?