Is Arthrex Worth the Move?

Discussion in 'Arthrex' started by MedRep7, Mar 4, 2017 at 9:20 AM.

Tags:
  1. MedRep7

MedRep7 New Member

I've been in the industry for under a year and work as an associate for a pretty reputable company in my area. I was recently offered a position as a sales rep with Arthrex. The company I currently work for is W2 and the Arthrex position would be 1099. I work on call with my current company and the Arthrex position would be no nights, no call, no weekends and no holidays. I'm worried that making a quick move would be frowned upon in the industry, but the Arthrex position seems to offer a better quality of life with at least equal pay and potentially more. My current company has the majority market share, which allows me to be around almost every surgeon in our area.

My questions would be is it worth staying in my current position to continue learning/benefiting from having access to almost every surgeon? Is it worth becoming an actual rep with a better quality of life this quickly? Would it be highly frowned upon jumping after a short time in the industry? Is it worth moving from W2 to 1099...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope- it would be lateral at best for you the were you're at now- your a notch on the hiring quota pole with a bonus you'll never see.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Depends on distributor? what area are you?...what's the word on the distributor? what have avg bonus' been for your area past couple years...How EXACTLY are bonus determined/payed out??...yadayada

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been in this business almost 25 years with the same company and have a few observations:

-If you have only been in this business for one year and have quality of life issues, I would run from you. The first five years you just work hard (and hope to work a lot) as that experience makes you more valuable.
    -1099 has been better to me, but that is meaningless as many W-2 situations are better in certain scenarios.
    -I would frown on your move, but without knowing who/what/where it could actually be the best move of your career.

Confused?

5. MedRep7

MedRep7 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I completely agree about working hard as that would increase an individuals value. I should have been more specific. The job would offer a better quality of life long term.

6. MedRep7

MedRep7 New Member

I don't think there would be much of a bonus structure for someone like me just yet. I would just make a certain percentage of the overall territory. Located in the south. Distributor seems to have a fairly decent reputation.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it just depends.....

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What distributor?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no not worth it, most are pure scum, only a handful of decent human beings