Is calling on pharmacies REALLY necessary?

Discussion in 'Centrix Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2010 at 9:29 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't get me wrong. I do it. As many as I'm required and sometimes more. The fact of the matter is (or so I've been taught) is that scripts drive sales. If the pharmacist sees enough scripts, they'll order it. 99% of them lie to you anyway when they say they're going to order it. And I don't know one pharmacist that buys the line "order 1 so you can be ready for that first script." They hate that. I could see 2 or 3 more physicians per day without the pharmacy calls. Also, If pharmacy calls are so important, then why anytime we have any type of sales training, all we train on is the doctor call. I've worked for several companies that want you to make pharmacy calls and honestly I've never thought it made one bit of difference. I'd appreciate some thoughts.

P.S.
    please stick to the topic on this thread. I don't need to hear people gripe about how much they hate working here...if you're unhappy, keep it to yourself.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what are your going to do when your detail ends with the doctor writing 10 scripts that day?

All ten scripts get call backs, the call back from the pharm D says, " I never heard of this product and certainly don't have it in stock"

The doctor looks like an idiot with the patient and never writes for you again.

You have to get the product stocked. END OF STORY

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I routinely tell pharmacist that the pharmacy down the block has my product and I'm asking all my physicians to send their patents to that pharmacy.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keeping pharmacies up to date on your activities is important but you do not have to spend alot of extra time that can be best spent calling on key physicians. I agree that driving scripts is most important...increase demand and most pharmacies will stock your products. Don't fail to complete a total office call and let the nurses know about your products. They will help influence pharmacy stocking.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone tell me if this is a gay friendly

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i usually find there is some really nice pussy working behnd the counter in pharmacies. i've even managed to run a length through a few of them. not sure if it did anything for scripts, but it did help me get to sleep that night.