1. Lawsuit-ridden J&J tumbles in annual listing of best global brands — AstraZeneca gets Q2 2020 PDUFA date for breast cancer ADC — Shionogi's antibiotic clears FDA panel vote — See more on our front page news

TRY TWO WEEKS OF OUR EMAIL NEWS HEADLINES FOR FREE
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Think you have witnessed fraud?Ask a Whistleblower Attorney -- a chance to discuss whistleblower-related legal issues with practicing whistleblower attorneys.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Celgene Good About Paying Out Past Bonus?!?

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by anonymous, Aug 7, 2019 at 4:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Historically, has Celgene paid out quarterly bonus to employees who leave the company before the bonus pay out date? For example; a Celgene employee worked all of second quarter, earning 100 percent of their $15,000 bonus. The bonus will be paid on July 31, 2019. If the employee resigned in early July, but worked for Celgene all of March, April & May (2Q19), will Celgene pay second quarter bonus to this employee after resignation?

Most companies do the right thing and pay former employees bonus earned for a prior quarter worked; and in most states this is a law. However, I hear from various parts of the country that Celgene is all over the map on paying bonus when employees resign. Some get their bonus. Some don't. Depends on management and other sujbective criteria.

Does anyone have experience with this? I'm looking for concrete feedback here. Thank you.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes you will get your bonus based on the scenario you describe. You worked the full quarter then resigned so no concerns there.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, they do. I had a teammate in that situation and he got paid

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15k a quarter or 60k target for the year? You must sell Otezla.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will ONLY get a robotic % based on the quarter you resign in. Work a month after a quarter = work for free

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ouch!
    Must be nice to sell Revlimid. Aka- FREAKING DRUG THAT SELLS ITSELF AND DOESN'T EVEN NEED REPS - YOU OVERPAID MONKEY.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

did you actually work the full semester- Jan to end of June? In your post you said March, April, May- if you only worked til May, then no- you have to complete the entire semester.

And you are wrong that most companies “do the right thing.” I have worked at 5 pharma companies and they all require you be working at the company at the time of payout. Celgene is unique in that you just have to work the entire semester not be there when payouts go out.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You may want to check out the labor laws website. I was with a company that didn't want to pay and then I reported them to the labor law commission and I did receive my bonus!!