Is ConMed a nice company to work for?

Discussion in 'Conmed' started by Anonymous, Jun 2, 2006 at 10:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the patient care division the place to be? Offered $35 base with $4k per month guaranteed - $83k first year, large territory. $500-$600 car allowance 25 cents per mile.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know anything about the department you are inquiring about. Personally, I believe if a company guarantees you $83K first year, then you can't go wrong. I wasn’t guaranteed anything close to that, yet I still earned six figures.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I talk to recruiter the other day and he said that the sales reps get 401k, medical and car allowence and mileage. Whose telling the trurth? Base saary around 47K

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are 5 different divisions of Conmed, there is Electrosurgery, Endo Therapy, Endoscopic Technologies, Linvatec, and Patient Care. The base and total income opportunity is different is each division. So to answer your question...everybody is telling the truth.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm interviewing for the Seattle endo division. Can anyone give me any info on this territory?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not the case! A patient care rep. only makes 35k per year and there is no company car.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First Management is crap...especially Dan D., came from Cobe and knows jack shit! Actually all management knowns jack. Stay away from inside positions. Sales position makes about $75-$135K. Valley pays reps on average $97K. Need I say more?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you smokin??? I quit these guys after Conmed came in. Just research how much the Corsanti family, all of which are on the Board of directors have made in the last 10 years. All public record on Nasdacs insider trading site. FDA has been all over them and it is no suprise as I have an inside line that in an attempt to cut overhead they have replaced much qualified production employees in key positions with temps with little or no training.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

linvatec saved conmed and is the only bright spot for an old school failing company. Unfortunetly they are going to sell Linvatec off as evident by them transforming their 1099 reps to direct employees to pad the books.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are 7 different divisions in ConMed. All of the Corisanti family members are on the board.......they own it db! OP, do not listen to anyone on this board as they just use it as a spring board to bash companies. Go to linkedin.com or facebook and search Conmed. This will give you everyone on those boards that are employed by ConMed. Then request friendship under the guise of information about ConMed. Someone will get back to you and actually give you true feedback. I am no way saying that all divisions are the best but at least you will get an honest opinion.

11. The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
    PRESS RELEASE
    4-8-09

CONMED CORP. SUED BY EEOC FOR RACIAL BIAS

Only Black Sales Rep in Midwest Office Fired Because of Race, Despite Outstanding Performance, and Replaced by White Employee, Federal Agency Says

CHICAGO – The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) today filed a race discrimination lawsuit against ConMed Corp on behalf of Paul Hickman, an African American former employee who was terminated from his position as sales representative for the ConMed Midwest Office division because of his race. ConMed is an international medical device corporation specializing in orthopedics and general surgery.

An EEOC administrative investigation, conducted under the supervision of Chicago District Director John Rowe, preceded the lawsuit and revealed that Hickman was the only black sales representative in the Midwest Office, and was the only sales representative terminated from that office.

“By the end of our investigation, our view was that the employer’s performance-based justification would not withstand scrutiny,” Rowe said. “Now a jury will assess whether what was really going on was race discrimination.”

Hickman was fired for allegedly poor performance, only two months after receiving an award for outstanding sales, when a new white sales manager took over the Midwest Office. The new sales manager hired three white sales representatives and then terminated Hickman despite his superior performance, according to the EEOC.

Chicago Regional Attorney John Hendrickson said, “In any case, the combination of new white employees being brought on board while well-performing black employees are being let go at least raises the issue of bias. Our task in this case — as it is in every case — is to put the jury in the best possible position to fairly resolve that issue consistent with the evidence.”

The EEOC filed the suit under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division (EEOC v. ConMed Corp., Civil Action No. 09 C 2158, filed 4/8/09) after first attempting to reach a voluntary settlement. The case was assigned to District Judge John Darrah.

The EEOC litigation effort will be led by Supervisory Trial Attorney Gregory Gochanour and Trial Attorney Laurie Elkin. “For any employer to terminate a qualified and well-performing employee because of his race doesn’t make sense,” Elkin said. “It’s counterproductive for the employer — who already has an investment in the employee — and unjust for the employee — who wouldn’t have had a problem but for the color of his skin.”

In FY 2008, the EEOC received 33,937 race discrimination charge filings, an 11% increase from the prior year and one of the highest levels ever. Race discrimination continues to be the most frequent type of charge filing with the EEOC.

The EEOC enforces federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Further information about the EEOC is available on its web site at www.eeoc.gov.

This page was last modified on April 9, 2009.

Return to Home Page

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes great company

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES I agree

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, this dude is still there. Every morning, he wakes up, puts on his Bozo costume, and plays the part most effectively.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which division? Who is this?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How has he lasted?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like I have said in previous post's, your not addressing the real problem which is the Ringmaster of this division John Stotts. Put the blame where it is deserved. All the Clowns on his sales managers/marketing team just do what the Ringmaster tells them to do!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, which one of the leaders in this Division is Curly, which one Moe, which one Larry?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are all three! Asshole! Just another bitter loser who was shitcanned for not doing anything. Wonder how many jobs you have had in the past 5 years. Let me see, I bet four jobs? From what understand it's pretty hard to get canned from this company. You are a total waste of skin. Looks like they did something right getting rid of your big fat Ass!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your reply dos. My skin is fine, ass is small.