is globus forming a truama line?

Discussion in 'Synthes' started by anonymous, Nov 11, 2016 at 4:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the commissions are great, I'd go. Where can we see open positions and apply?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One huge obstacle is just how entrenched Synthes is at all of the teaching hospitals and level one trauma centers, specifically the number of sets and back stock these hospitals own.
    Unless Globus has the cash to buy out or the stock to upgrade with 100% compliance from the surgeons at the hospital, this conversion will never happen.
    I have no idea why they would be looking to get into that market.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What would you do if you happen to be one of those quintiles reps in trauma? and have only worked for a very short time?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For the most part, I agree with you. However, seeing how J&J clearly thinks a trained monkey can do this job, I would say they're likely to not back-fill the spots of those who may leave. When you have a Quintiles rep basically becoming the rep, the service is definitely going to drop. That's when I could see the business then following the old rep. J&J doesn't want to pony up for any decent talent. They just want to plug people in who get paid $50k to work 9-5, Monday through Friday. They don't realize that this job calls for longer hours and weeks than that. I'm not saying that this will go to Globus or anything but if those old reps go to a Stryker, ZB, or even S&N, I could see business eventually following them while J&J celebrates not having to pay benefits to the high school graduate they put in place to hemorrhage business for them.

TraumaJunkie83 likes this.
  6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on. They think a monkey can do the job. They don't understand Trauma, which is why the Trauma business they had (which they had to divest to buy Synthes) never grew.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And even when he was here, he never worked.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don't appear to accept pricing is going down, way down from current levels, due to deteriorating market conditions: commoditization and over supply. Simple economics plus the obsession to reduce spending by hospitals, insurers, etc. and you have a perfect storm. $20 cannulated screws are coming and sooner than you probably think. Years of crony price increases have over inflated the market and now the bubble has burst. Trump has made it clear he's going to target drug and medical device companies to bring pricing down. He's a shrewd business man and he doesn't like overpaying. While he doesn't like the Chinese who make high quality knock offs and are geared up to supply global demand, he knows the only way to save healthcare in the US is to drive costs way down. It's coming - grab your ankles and brace yourself boys!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With some of these cross selling opportunities I've seen how lazy our ethicon and Mitek reps are. Our ethicon reps maybe work 30 hours a week. Mitek is not much better. Recon and trauma reps as a whole put in long hours and do whatever it takes to keep customers happy. When you put people from these no talent do nothing divisions in charge of trauma and recon this is no surprise. We had a new manager from a different division shocked at all that goes into setting up and covering a total knee. The new RVP was no better. If you run off the talented reps and fill thier positions with low cost reps you will lose market share. Stryker and smith and nephew are dumping sets on the shelves at every account they can begging for trauma cases. When you remove good reps that business will go to competitors.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mr T is way better than having Zero in the White House! Obummercare is history, wahoo!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Globus is the most innovative spine company in the market. Take a look at the amount of products they put out. They started the company with a dream to innovate, because they were ex synthes employees who had visions unlike those at Synthes. They all left and created something truly amazing. Something to realize is they have a lot of Cash on Hand and always run in the green. Financial reports can be fudged from others, but I know for a fact they have big wallets, because they haven't ran the company like others. Having been both a trauma rep and a spine rep for years, I believe Globus will have innovation that will blow others out of the water. The primary complaint I hear from Synthes reps is that they never get anything new to sell, no product launches, etc. Sofamor Danek was the best in the past, then they got comfortable and stopped coming out with anything of value or innovative and they started falling behind, Synthes trauma is in the same spot.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have to laugh at the last post. Globus is so innovative they had to steal the original spine designs they launched the company from Synthes files. It's true - read the public info on the lawsuit sometime. Several folks I know have had a good look at Globus's trauma line and all say it's lacking with no dazzling design achievement on display. The cost to build out a complete trauma line will take tremendous time and resources and it remains to be seen if Globus is fully committed. Globus would be fooling themselves if they believe they can take appreciable market share in trauma the way they did in spine. It's a different game. What they might succeed in doing is further adding to the glut of oversupply and help drive selling prices down at a faster pace than they are already falling. Globus joined the party too late. The smartest thing they could do at this point if they want to be a factor is buy an established line like Smith & Nephew who might be willing to sell their trauma business off. Also, the low caliber crew Globus is hiring are tired and disillusioned DS expendables and will not make much of an impact in the market. They come with high expectations and bad attitudes. Most will leave when their guarantees run out. It is true AO is fraying and docs are lining up to work with other orgs. This is not new and is happening irrespective of Globus entering the trauma arena.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone else heard the rumor RG is consulting to Globus? Not that he can do much to hurt DS but it would be disappointing if true. Greed and narcissism are evil corrupting forces.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the designs that "Globus copied from Synthes" were the patents applied for by those same individuals. Synthes Spine innnovation left when Globus spun off. They are one of the more creative spine companies out there and come out with multiple new launches. The ides to buy another company is comical. They are just broadening their portfolio to be able to big on exclusivity deals, if they can address 80% of Fx market then theya re are an institutional player. A company doesn't need to do much to build a product line to accomplish this. For this same reason S/N wouldn't sell and be only a Joint company.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exclusivity deals? Now that's comical. I've been here for 30 years and have yet to hear of an exclusivity deal. S/N might be getting out of trauma and recon for all we know. If your rationale is correct, why hasn't S/N rushed out to buy a spine co.?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SN has invested a ton of money into trauma in the last few years. They're holding out for a Medtronic acquisition

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yeah, what investments have they made? Zero new products and zero acquisitions from what I can tell. If they are auditioning for Medtronic, which I doubt, they sure are doing a shitty job. Look at their published financials: declining sales and losing market share. Their attempt at extremities was feeble. Competition for TSF is kicking their ass. Tons of rep turnover and most still there looking to leave.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^^^^Funny, you would think you were talking about DS. What has DS come out with? Which way are DS sales going? How is DS penetration numbers? I am in the Northeast, all academic accounts, DS is doing very little a them. Stryker has become very strong in the academic accounts, once the Synthes stronghold. This is more bad news as the next generation does care about the DS. Hell, even the AO is bailing on DS.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is this idea real?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they just had press releases of doing their first trauma case, distal radius case, i think. all they need is distal radius, prox humerus, prox tibia, ankle set, small/large/mini frag options to be a real player. another upside to just getting started is building everything ground up w a focus on the ASC.