IS IT EVER GOING TO GET BETTER???

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Backorders since Oct 2010 that continue still today...
    Commission structure that is not aligned with opportunity..
    Running from one facility to the next or email blast out to see if I can get product...
    Customers not happy for so many reasons....
    E1 completely a mess and commissions being paid wrong....
    A powered stapler that has more than missed the mark...
    Under reporting sales, over reporting sales, missing sales to be 100% resolved in April and it is Aug and still no resolution...
    Once resolved how will we ever know we were paid on everything or that the base for next year will be right....

Less than 2 months until NSM and new year beginning will it all be cleaned up or will this fiasco continue into FY12?

Getting a little tired of the same old thing with no resolution and not selling but putting out fires. Anyone feel the same???

Anyone have good news to share?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think things are great and getting better.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also think things are much better. I appreciate management and corporates transparency in this entire event.

No Bitching from me.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have asked all the questions that I wonder each day. This is the most screwed up company that I have ever worked for and things never seem to get better. I am amazed at how the Valleylab group just had a big chunk of their quota reduced and EMID gets a little relief from when the products were not even available. This place is just the pits.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure that is sincere. The original post was not bitching, it was the truth that our VP of sales and the rest of leadership choses not to acknowledge.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking forward to some change in upper management with the Valleylab takeover...we need it! I am happy to work for someone that has actually been a rep in the device world and knows what goes on in our day-to-day. Not someone that just smiles and feeds us BS!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha! Drink some more Kool-Aid...clearly you don't work in the field.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will never get better. Not as long as there are senior level managers unwilling to hear the issues the field is facing and confront the crappy compensation plan. This is the second year in a row we have been dealt a terrible plan. This years plan is a failure as well. That on top of backorder issues is why most reps are contacting and listening to recruiters. There soon will be an exodus of top talent to go to much better pay and fewer headaches. Covidien has fallen to the back of the pack when it comes to compensation. There are very few device jobs that pay less. This time the grass is greener. Much, Much greener as in the way of cash.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately your comments are the others have had for the last 10 years, about as long as I've been here. Each year there is a vocal group that hates the comp plan. I'm not saying its good but this isn't the worst plan I've seen. What is worse is the backorders and the unwillingness to fix things. We in the field aren't responsible for the inept forecasting and manufacturing issues with the lack of viable suppliers. But ultimately we pay the price since we can't sell what they can't make.

As for some sort of mass exodus, seeing will be believing. Every year people say they're gonna leave but it never seems to happen. You think there are better places to go and there may be but the unfortunate thing is that finding that utopia is hard.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my 6 years here, this is the worst comp plan. They dangled a carrot that is virtually unattainable and then tried to make us feel better by making an adjustment and did nothing but insult most.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right, this one does suck but you weren't around for the CAR plan where we got paid on profitability. It forced us to sell EndoGIA 30's and open products because they were better profit-wise. Talk about not doing what's right for the customers and our comp. Plus we were making $25-30,000 in salary compared to what we get now.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. This years comp plan sucked. They slid that focus bucket in there and made it virtually unattainable. I got my resume updated and am listening to all comers. You should too!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It'll get better when it gets shut down and moves to China