Is Mako the real deal?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They were charging Medicare unfairly and mako sold the ct scans as revenue for the hospital.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I programmed a Mako robot to cut some lines for me and hold the straw while I snorted the blow...booya

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Several Drs in South AL have had bad results lately after Mako hips. Reamed thru the back wall and infections are on the rise. Not good.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Infections? Seriously!? You think the Mako system is responsible for infections? Fucking idiotic troll

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% serious. Just telling you what we are seeing. Maybe it’s from the Mako. Maybe it’s from increased surgery time. Not trolling, just passing on experiences being reported.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have lost a fair amount of biz on the hip side due to a hospital buying Mako. The one Dr who uses it, has told me he gets Paid more to use the Robot. He tried one tka and cuts were so bad that he couldnt get the femoral trial to fit.
    Marketing gimmick that hasnt made him any busier than without the Robot but apparently he makes more

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The technology is sound and works pretty well but the big issue is insurance reimbursement for the scan. We are seeing denials in our area and surgeons are upset.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We can’t get scans approved! This is not good

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No more insurance coverage for scans?? Denials all over

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the Clinical Data on rate of post operative infection with the MAKO hip?

Anyone seen readmissions for deep wound infection?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Higher risk of infection on total hips. Scans being denied for procedures! This isn’t looking good at all. Otis Med all over again

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone have any ideas how to get scans approved once they are denied? Starting to become an issue.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CT’s getting denied by all our private payers. Don’t want to occur costs we’re being told.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales are through the roof and the stock is soaring.

I’d say Mako is the real deal.

Some of you Depuy/ZB arepa should stop wasting time pretending to be SYK reps on internet message boards and go out and sell something.

I mean your own companies are literally paying you 1000.00 a pop to provide information on robotics initiatives at individual accounts. That’s pretty embarrassing. Instead of selling, you’re out here trying to “step in front of the shark”...promising free robots(that you don’t even have yet) to ASCs if they promise to stay with Persona.

Not a great growth plan, guys.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

keep telling yourself that, monkey. saw a whole team of recon reps at one of my accounts, what a bunch of juiced up dopes.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These scans should be denied. Insurance companies have every right to demand a clinical reason for this cost....for now there is zero. Remember the Pagnano paper that showed his alignment outliers actually did a tick better than his radiographic poster boys? Why should my premiums go up to subsidize the Stryker docs marketing program??

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did they have thick or skinny legs?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The fatal flaw here is the capital teams robotic number to sell keeps rising every year You will start to see crappy sales because they must move units. our area last Q4 saw 2 4 1 deals buy one robot get 2

Mechanical TKA has same results mako should have stuck with uni's where it made a difference

Accounts all over have scans denied over and over which is affecting usage. Stryker told my doc he had to do 6 manual stryker knees BEFORE he could be trained what a joke

I would keep my on exactech and their gps in surg centers have started to pop up and NO ct scan or mri in tka.

QUOTE="anonymous, post: 6047042"]Sales are through the roof and the stock is soaring.

I’d say Mako is the real deal.

Some of you Depuy/ZB arepa should stop wasting time pretending to be SYK reps on internet message boards and go out and sell something.

I mean your own companies are literally paying you 1000.00 a pop to provide information on robotics initiatives at individual accounts. That’s pretty embarrassing. Instead of selling, you’re out here trying to “step in front of the shark”...promising free robots(that you don’t even have yet) to ASCs if they promise to stay with Persona.

Not a great growth plan, guys.[/QUOTE]

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At the rate we go through disposibles, it’s no surprise Mako is working. More and more hospitals are buying the robot. I just wish they’d consign the damn disposibles associated with it.