Is Mako the real deal?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My Territory TKAs are billed as outpatient now. That should save your premiums... hospitals lost big reimbursement $$$$$$$ by having these billed as outpatient knees now. Rarely do we keep a tka patient more then 24hrs these days, and those go to skilled nursing anyways. Be thankful as your insurance pays probably 30-40k less now per knee they reimburse. Call your insurance and ask if you don’t believe me.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Single surgeon study? That’s your proof? I know a Mako surgeon who cherry picks patients to publish results. How about a Multicenter study? I’m sure you have more than one doc on the payroll. Stryker is notorious for “tweaking” the numbers. Still not convinced. BTW, Triathalon is the oldest knee in the industry. Think what a new design could do.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why develop a knee new when we know results are dependent on how it’s placed in a patient?
    And yes, Mako is the real deal. The pre planning before any incision is made coupled with the accuracy of the cuts is pretty amazing. And don’t forget, no 4:1 femur blocks or EM tibia cutting guides needed.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, that’s special. Love hearing the stories in my area of needed to reboot during the case, delaying 45 min. Robot is a joke, as is study. Quit drinking the BS koolaid. Stryker is notorious for making shit up.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is Stryker ‘making up’?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The study at Academy is weak. Single surgeon, small size, paired against IM Rod surgery. Discharge based on straight leg raise and flexion. That conclusion is superior outcomes. Maybe not made up, but stretching the truth. Again, Kool Aid is for kids in the summer. Not mixed with your protein powder as you skip leg day.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another couple of hospitals buying the robot. :)

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More BS...anyone could come on and say something like, “100 hospitals just bought robots...and they paid 2 mil each”. Just because you sold some snake oil, doesn’t mean you’re changing the world for the better.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Angry anonymous is popping off. Sad that he doesn’t get it... Robotics is here to stay, hop on the bus or get left behind...

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's interesting how many people have been hailing Mako as the savior of MDT sales....since 2015 lol.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe 2020 will mean ya’ll get a proper healthcare system and so you won’t have to worry about insurance premiums. You can get a mako knee here and not have to pay a cent out of pocket.

And yes, robotics is the future, deal with it folks.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bingo. Once you’ve seen a Mako in action you wonder why it’s done any other way. Only hurdle is cost. But procedurally its a no brainer. And anybody who tells me that they’d rather trust their joint to a surgeon eyeballing and freehanding cuts over a robot is delusional.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This. It's the real deal.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep sucking on the sugar free Kool-Aid company tit bruh.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stryker is 10 years ahead in the robotic arena. The image based planning with Mako is completely different (and more accurate) than the subjective points entered with navigated systems. Also, staff and surgeons love not having to use a 4:1 cutting block or tibia cutting jig which makes Mako the only true robotic assisted system. Spine and shoulder applications are next.
    In the end, it will be the hard, non-biased data that determines which system delivers the best results.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s still just navigation with a fancy cutting blade or burr. Hard non-biased data is non-existent. Will it survive after the marketing hype is gone? Probably. But is it changing the world as we know it? Not yet.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The clinical data is coming out. Mako is definitely the real deal. Those who resist will just be years behind everyone else. I dont care how good of a surgeon you think you are...this thing makes you better. It's far more than navigation. If you see the pre-resection balancing capability of total knee....its insane. No more, proximal/distal cut then try to balance a gap. Let's make every cut the right way. I dont work for Mako but they have put 6 in my territory in the last year.....sooooooo

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What you are describing is Kinematic Alignment. Right cuts. No need to "balance" ligaments. It is better and the evidence is stacking up. Thing is - you don't need a Mako robot to do it. You can do it just as well without the million bucks upfront (OK - so we give it away now kinda) or the per case costs. If you get a decent surgeon to do Kinematic Alignment without a robot and compare it with a decent surgeon doing the same operation with a Mako, there is no difference. No problem in the short term for those of us that can sell though as there is plenty of meat on the bone still and patients like robots. Good times.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mako is as real as your mommas titties. Fun too play with, but at the end of the day just an expensive play toy. And yo momma ain’t getting any younger. When it’s time to upgrade moms, there will be a younger and sexier set of fun bags out there as an option. The circle of life.