Is Mako the real deal?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As old school Ortho surgeons retire and are replaced with the younger Ortho surgeons who have grown up in the age of computer technology, MAKO will be adopted more by these younger surgeons because it's cool technology and that's what they will be drawn to. It is a bonus if indeed the clinical results show better outcomes,

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mako is amazing. To say its only kinematic alignment is ignorant. It most definitely is ligament balancing. If it was I ly kinematic alignment then we would just be doing the same old distal femur, and proximal tibia cuts first. Then balancing the gap. That's kinematic balancing. And I would challenge any surgeon to perform the correct cuts with proper ligament balancing without the Mako system. Its just doesnt happen. Plus a surgeon who can do that without a robot is in the 99th percentile. So arguably Mako makes 99% of other surgeons better. How is this bad? The nay sayers are obviously losing business to Stryker because of Mako. Plus with all the IP patents locked up by Stryker, it will be a long while before competition catches up. I work in rural america and we have 2 robots in the small city I run and they are busy all day everyday by over 6 surgeons. The proof is in the pudding people

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mako is the new cool tool right now. They’ve done a good job promoting it. It’s one of those things that since it is a robot everyone assumes it’s accurate and will be more precise than not using it. It’s safe to assume the data(if and when it comes out) will show it is more accurate than traditional instruments. Will the data show its more accurate than nav? With Rosa out now they are going to have to justify the cost of that CT scan.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rosa is a dog. Robotic arm that places manual cutting blocks? No one is interested in that.

What have they sold? 5 total in N America?

Navio is the only robotic platform that can threaten any part of Mako’s complete and total dominance in ortho robotics, and that’s more due to the fact they have an XR Knee to market.

Rosa and OrthoTaxi are sad jokes. No chance to compete.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Show me the data! The robotic space is full of promises, but ligament balancing was available with Nav, long before a burr made the cuts (or a special uncharged sawblade for Mako). It’s a cool tool that hinges on being the first in the area to advertise and market.