Is Mentor a good place to be?

Discussion in 'Mentor' started by Anonymous, Jun 10, 2015 at 5:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviewing for an open position in the South. Previous rep left for a startup. The recruiter gave me names of people to call but everyone I talk to says "don't come." I figured it was the typical bitter rep routine but all three reps said the same thing- everything to J&J sucks, is looking to sell Mentor, and no one is making any money.

What is the average rep making right now and are there any positive things on the horizon? If not, I will just stay where I am.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run far away from the position and listen to the feedback you received.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will admit that I am probably one of the ones that gave you that advice and after 10 plus years it is a sad truth. I should take my own advice.

5 years ago, I would have told you that you're an idiot for coming on this site and identifying the position you were applying for. But considering there are 5 openings in the geography you described, I guess no one really knows what job you are applying for.

Pretty telling about where we are.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are reps currently making?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We have become a joke. Worst it's ever been. Had a surgeon I've known for 12 years tell me this week, in front of his staff, that he didn't think Mentor would be around much longer and was I looking for another job. That was motivating. AGN and Sientra continue to come to market with new products. Allergan is making acquisitions strengthening all of their programs. The only strategy we have is to cut price and beg- which only makes it more difficult to make quota the next year.

Oh- lets not forget- we launched Artoura 3 years late, just as the market is beginning to move to DTI for recon. #JNJProblems