is Mitek finished?

Discussion in 'Depuy Mitek' started by Anonymous, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Arthrex is nothing more than a stepping stone to greener pastures. Of course there are reps who make good cash but for the most part you have small territories, babysit a few accounts and on top of that you have to pay small joint reps out of your pocket, no benes, no expenses all for 8-10%, no thanks... I know of only 2 arthrex reps who've been with the company for 5+ years. You have good products but most reps are very green and provide no clinical value unless you consider opening boxes "clinical". You guys have great market share in my area but are slowly losing it by your aggressive, used car salesman mentality that the young reps possess and the hospitals are getting extremely irritated by these methods. The fact that your company does nothing to help you grow financially. This will be the downward slop to arthrex down the road because if you know anything about this industry is that surgeons and staff like doing business with people they know and trust and how can you trust the abundance of new reps that you guys are rolling out in the field? It seems like every 6-12 months I run into a new arthrex rep in the field and the poor kid aint got a clue.... Keep doing your thing Arthrex, it's only helping me out!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually you don't have to be there. A sports med rep is usually on the golf course or the beach relaxing with family while a meniscal repair is being performed. I am glad you like your recon job, but most sports med reps like theirs also. No need to bash a guy for being in a situation where he can train a surgeon to use a device and then go play 18 and have a beer with friends. You might like hanging in the OR a lot, me not so much.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. To the total joint rep spewing crap all over CP, suck it. Have fun with your capitated pricing all over the U.S., and soon to go lower. Better hope your handful of surgeons triple their case loads to hit your quota because the conversion rate in totals is slim to none. Unless, you dirtbags buy the surgeon!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your right, I don't have to be there for a meniscal repair case. That's why I have 5-6 meniscal cases, 3 rotator cuff repairs, and 2 instability cases going on each day. All this while I'm on the golf course and you're covering your total joint case.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ha! good one. one revision knee and proximal femur case in a week and I just sold more then you do in a month. go play golf I like making money

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This recon guy doesn't get it. All these cases I've got pump tubing, disposable products, suture, cannulas, RF, blades, burrs, and implants being used. All this at multiple accounts...lol. I am making money. Have fun hauling those totes and pelican cases. The Fedex and UPS guy is delivering mine.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This stuff....above my post.....is one of the reasons I want out of this business. Your all a bunch of tools.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's "you're" not "yours" tool..... if you want out than get out! what you waiting for?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's "then" not "than"! Now who's the toll

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Toll????......lol...........

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Failsauce.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only on a board like this could the thread go from who has the better stuff to correcting each other's grammar...one post above claimed to have saw blades, anchors, pump tubing, RF, suture, and blades & burrs not just at one case but "multiple" cases. I doubt it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is true. No joke.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sports med is a good position to be in. I wouldn't say it's a career. it's a good job to have on a resume and can help you land a better position once you make a name for yourself. i have been in both sports and adult recon. I do think the potential for a better situation exists in joints. if you land in a good territory you can make bank. if you land one competitive conversion you can see your commission double or increase by 50%. Yes pricing is starting to be capped, but don't think for one minute that an cap pricing for sports isn't around the corner. arthrex has ruined the model for servicing accounts for sports. you don't need to be in a rot cuff or acl, but you should be. you might be playing 18 holes but if there was a good arthrex rep in your territory he would take advantage of your laziness and pounce of your "lack of service". to go back to the cap pricing. I would rather make commisions on a $5500 knee or $6k hip then a $800-$1000 acl.

i have noticed that that surgeons respect jojnt reps more then anchor reps. i have seen the biomet rep steal alot of business away from mitek inmy terriotry only bc surgeons know and respect the joint rep. i do think that i could sell my sports line, but truthfully i am not gonna pound the pavement to try a sell a $1k rot cuff when i can sellmy hemi hips for $5k a case that takes half the time

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$5k for a hemi? Where?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i shouldnt say all hemi's are $5k. military is more then $5k. i have one account that a bipolar uncemented is around $5k (non-military). military is around $6-7k. shit a uni is $10k and total knee with nothing special is $15k at military. no joke

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why in the world do surgeons still put in hemis?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you serious? why not? on an 80-90 yr old no need to put a total in

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I was a patient, I would not want metal rubbing on bone, no matter how old I am.