Is the 90 Probationary Period for Real?

Discussion in 'FSC Pediatrics' started by Anonymous, Jan 16, 2011 at 3:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently interviewed with these "clowns" for a sales position, they explained a 90 probabtionary period before you can move on to get commissions or benefits. Is this for real? I honestly heard this is a real "scum-bag" outfit but I am finishing my law degree in June and need something to carry me through the next 6 months, can I pull it off ? After reading through the comments on this outfit it doen't sound like anyone at anytime was ever satisfied.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one on this board, Or any of these boards are ever satisfied....don't rely on info posted here for truth....just about everyone who posts on these boards are bitter, disgruntled asswipes who do not deserve a position with a pharmaceutical company....they are unhappy and bitter but would rather slam and abuse their company and people who post, rather than grow up, figure out what they do want, and move on.....crazy.... If you already think of these people as 'clowns', and a 'scum bag outfit'.....why even consider a job with the company? I'm sure they would rather you move on....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No question that those who are again looking for a job and who harbor resentment are the ones that spend the most time on this site. Best advice in the interview process if you have these concerns is to ask to talk to some of the other reps who have been around for awhile and find out why they have. FSC has quite a few reps who have been there since they begain promoting their pharmaceutical products for themselves. That way you can get the other side and understand what it takes to be successful there.

Whether to join FSC is a simple question. The company believes there should be a direct relationship between production and compensation. Just as sales salary starts low, it is uncapped - something that is not unique but is unusual. When FSC started managing reps, it was a tough proposition for the rep with only one marketed product. Three years later there are five (and the newer products are better) and the proposition is decidedly juicier. FSC is definitely a bad place for people who are short-term (no way to build above average income) or who can't effectively compete for physician Rx share (no way to build above average income). From your description, you shouldnt apply.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets get real and lets get honest. I am a former rep with FSC (and damn glad I got out). The pay is low, and I mean under 20 grand a year. They will pay gas allowance, but with the huge territory, the mileage you will be putting on your vehicle will be tremendous. The doctors are not really receptive to the product lines and the goals are hard to meet. The bonus money is rare, and the management is not much help either.
    Now you can read this and make your own conclusion, but go ahead and take the job. You'll go back to this posting later and realize the words were the absolute truth....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What"s the deal with asking part-time employees to work full-time, out of the kindness of their hearts, with no additional pay or benefits??? Seriously, is this a lawsuit or what! No to mention, who is the dumbass that would agree to such a thing?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reps at FSC part time?

Is this really a part time job - Are the DMs part-time as well...just curious. Never heard of this unless it's really a rent-a-rep company/contract sales org. Lots of reps work part time while getting paid full time at big pharma, but getting harder to do with big brother technology tracking every step of the day.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct that many big pharma reps work part-time hours while getting full-time pay and benefits, my question was different.

My understanding is many if not all FSC reps are part-time employees which means BY LAW they work only 3 days a week and their pay and benefits reflect that. No car, no benefits, part-time crappy pay...

I heard DMs/FSC have been asking/making reps work that of a full-time rep because of a new drug launch. Hello, against the law!!! If you work more than 3 days a week you are fulltime and FSC needs to be held accountable! Karma is a bitch.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place is still a scumbag outfit and they still fire reps at the 90 day mark. Stay away from this unprofessional pharmaceutical company.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is it true one rep was fired on a district teleconference? If that's true, how inappropriate and unprofessional!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know but quite a few reps have quit or got let go in the past month. This place really sucks now. It wasn't like this a couple of years ago. Sad.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes it is true. I was on call

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unreal. I would hate to work for that manager who is willing to fire a rep with his peers on the line listening to this humiliating act of termination. Watch your back and take care.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Karma ppl karma

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do you mean by this? Do you think the reps deserve this God awful senior leadership? This company gives new meaning to micromanaging out of sheer desperation.