Is there an effort to target tenured reps?

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, May 15, 2017 at 11:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Chris D always says that! It is amazing the illegal things he tells his region to do. A compliance ticking time bomb! Of course Allergan will turn a blind eye. Just wait for it to hit the news. Remember the Pfizer lawsuit?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well........is there anything tenured reps can do about this situation? From what I gather, at any time AGN can find a subjective reason for a PIP and put a loyal, competent employees' head on the chopping block to reduce overhead in a classless manner. There has got to be HR statistics that could be subpoenaed to prove this pattern if it truly exists which would be grounds for age discrimination.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes! He is a total mess! Everything that comes out of his mouth is a compliance nightmare. I would love to see him go down for all his sh*t.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL. I hate to break the news to you but there is no such thing is a tenured competent rep. All tenured says is you're lazy, unmotivated and incompetent. And you think way too highly of yourself!! I prefer to rid the company of the sour tenured reps and replace them with younger, more motivated and ambitious younger reps. Forest reps are the worse in the industry. Dust of your resume. Bye bye.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i think a nice class action subpoenaing termination records looking specifically at age percentages might be in order.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is to any Georgia and South Carolina reps that have a G.I. product and maybe Bystolic Here's what I can tell you that's a fact. I do not work for this pathetic company. However, I was in the lounge of hotel in Savannah THIS WEEK and personally heard three management personnel discussing each of their reps. One of them looked like a fat Anderson Cooper. The other two seemed to be swinging off of his balls and kissing his ass.. That idiot may have been an RD but I'm not sure.( if he is an RD that speaks volumes)They were discussing how they are checking call cycles and seeing if reps were not in the cities that their routing had them. Many of the remarks that were being made would have been an HR disaster for these three individuals.There were no positive comments made about anyone. If any one works under any of these thieves of oxygen I feel sorry for you. These three individuals should be ashamed of being so spineless.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bullshit

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope. It's true. Make sure you stick to your routing.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bullshit, the entire thing. There is no mandated call routing, period. If you are going to make shit up at least make it believable.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then why did one of their reps bitch to their manager about driving up to one of their accounts and seeing their counterparts car parked outside, when their counterpart was supposed to be in another city? To the person that complained to their manager, don't worry about it,the other reps slackness will catch up with them. To the rep that was supposed to be in another city that was too fucking lazy to go there grow up and do your fucking job you little worm...

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hahaha, you don't work for Allergan but you over heard this entire conversation and then sought out a thread where you thought it was relevant? . Yeah, ok.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is there an effort to target tenured, older reps and force them out? Yes! As a veteran rep, I had good numbers, good annual evaluations and a solid, consistent career with no work issues. All of a sudden, a new DM decided I forgot how to do my job. The DM/RM together started the PIP process and the plan was worded very vague and general (a no win situation!). In my opinion, Allergen needs to get hit with a class action lawsuit that is overdue and I would be happy to join in!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

+1... This company has had this same reputation since at least the 90's back when they were Forest. For this reason, Forest was actively avoided by most reps looking to change companies. The DMs will actually point out your tenure and corresponding (undeservedly) higher pay as a serious negative during ride-alongs looking to provoke you into a discussion which they immediately document in the field coaching report as a defensive/combative response to a simple motivational coaching statement. I have experienced it from each of several managers repeated in such a verbatim fashion that I've come to believe it's key aspect of the DM training program and coaching strategy. While there are indeed a few impressively tenured reps at Forest, many are actually former DMs who have stepped down into territories... most just don't last that long as every manager and former manager I know has bragged proudly and openly about maintaining a district with a turnover rate of about 60-80% year with most of their reps having very little tenure. Listening to them I often wonder if it's a competition to see who can churn and burn their district the most

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look dipshits. If you're a manager, all you want is high performing reps. Period. Nobody cares about tenure. No managers have a "budget" that includes salaries.

Put up numbers, you stay and are always paid well. Be a pharma burn out, managers want you out.

No conspiracy theories. No class action lawsuits. No hidden agenda. It's literally the simplest thing in the world. Managers want the same thing you do -- to win.

Problem is, you lose your will to win? Lose your work ethic? Beat it. It's literally the manager's job to send you packing.

Simple.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

too many different reps involved in having effective sales numbers Pal. I have literally 11 diff counterparts that touch af least 1 of the drugs I sell. The ironwood GoPro its is a disaster. They dint work with us and have totally diff strategies as mentioned by VP Jerry Lynch at a national sales meeting 2 years ago. He said it was a national problem.
    So yeah, pin bad results on a single rep. Don't even think about how 25 year old kid managers with 1 year of pharma sales experience can screw up a territory.
    I can go on, there is a lot more to consider.
    I believe it's a huge liability filling out FTEs and noting performance without giving the sameexa r performance rating to everyone involved.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Weak. Very weak. Some of the best sales reps are tenured. Go ahead and try to bring in that 25-30 year old. Many of those youngins piss off the docs. They are narcissistic and cheat the company way more than the tenured. The tenured follow the rules and the newbies break them in the first week. Compliance? They don't care. Good luck with those youngins and your CIA. Lol.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, it's almost like being on a ride along or at a POA meeting. This guy sums up the Allergan/Actavis/Forest corporate culture very succinctly. This is the emphatic and pervasive management attitude towards reps, customers and patients alike...

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New , young reps breaking the rules?!?! Ha! Every lifer rep I know is selling products on the side on company time using the company car, running scams with caterers with the company card and home by 1PM. Basically all the traits hiring managers in real sales are fearful of. New reps are scared shitless of that stuff. You and your lifer ass reps perpetuate the of scamming the company NOT the new young reps.

SOOOOO out of touch man, and your sour attitude is exactly the reason you need to go. Oh you are more valuable because you know Dr. Whogivesafuck doesn't like mayo on his sandwich!?! HA!