Is there an effort to target tenured reps?

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, May 15, 2017 at 11:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All this animosity toward reps that have been fighting the fight for awhile amazes me. IMO, I like a mixture of tenure in a territory so long as everyone works hard and is loyal to the company. So newby, what are you going to do a year from now when you yourself become a RELATIVELY tenured rep? Are you going to take your own advice and move on? What about tenured reps that are having to hold the hand of rookie after rookie only to be abandoned by them for the next best thing then have their own performance questioned in a saturated pod system with constant churn and burn?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, poor lifer PCR rep. Abandoned by more intelligent more ambitious colleges for better paying more respectable careers. You taught them everything they know like how to order more food than necessary to take home. Please. There is nothing in this gig that can't be MASTERED is six months and that's being generous.

Get over yourself, everyone else has.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Face the facts, if you're a forest lifer over the age of 40 calling on PC in any capacity you're a big fat LOSER. Sorry but it's true!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would be willing to join a class action as well

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Forest reps are fuckn pieces of shit. Every last one of them!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What the fuck are you talking about?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alright you dumb fucks, listen up. Today's companies don't give a shit about you. Do the slightest thing off, and you are gone. Doesn't matter current rank, PC wins, or respect from peers. The company will take you out at the first opportunity they can. I am so fucking glad I'm gone. Left the industry completely. Sure I don't make near the amount before but Forest/Actavis/Allergan already helped me buy 2 homes and put 4 kids through college. My sanity and happiness prevailed as soon as I was gone. Never coming back to pharma. I'll take my great education and be helpful to others who appreciate what the fuck I do everyday to make sure my company is well represented. Allergan didn't give a fuck. Best of luck to you. Hope they pay out when they fuck you.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Buh-Bye Felicia.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What industry did you go to? Or what's your new job? Glad you're happy cause this place is toxic for anyone's health. I'd take less money to be happy again

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Forest = Low Class

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is painfully accurate. I thank you for posting.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Went to manufactures rep. Job. Represent Chinese factories to big box companies. Find a hot product, sell the shit out of it and go one to next product. Chinese respect American workers who Sell!
    This Gal is super happy.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Copied from another Allergan thread regarding recent severance changes but the sentiments are thoughtful and poignant here too:

Reading through this thread, it's obvious to me that this poster is a kid that is a primary care manager. I appreciate the OP as I watch what changes the company makes ascit is an indicator of the thought process of the company towards our future and health as a company.
    Benefits like severance, 401k, PTO, insurance, car, etc are components that attract top talent and professionals. If our company only paid straight commission and no benefits then what type of quality employees would they attract? Somewhat of an extreme example but it helps you get the picture. Look at companies like Amgen & Novo & Novartis they have every top flight rep that wants to apply for an opening. They pay well and bonus and commission and offer fantastic benefits so they get to choose from elite talent. Now look at Allergan, when we have an opening it's pretty common that we may not even get enough candidates to conduct first round interviews without advertising for a second and third time. Our base in Primary Care is less than Hospice sales base. So typically we interview college kids with zero experience or someone from alarm system sales, etc. This is not an industry to start to learn professional sales. Hiring those type of people causes the way prescribers to view our company less credible, less professional, etc and causes them to not value us. After all medicine is something that can profoundly affect their patients & their practice (business) either positively or negatively. Can even cause death so we need to make sure we have credibility, trust, etc.
    Unfortunately now the company has very, very few quality people apply for DM positions and the PC DM position is basically a training wheels position now so it's just another hinderence to the company. Like 24-26 year old managers with less than 2 years becoming a DM makes it hard to take this company seriously both from an employer point of view and especially from a physician's point of view.
    Could you imagine if you inherited $5 million and went to speak with a financial institution and they gave you a 25 year old financial advisor to advise you on proper investment? LOL. Well this kid has never been through market fluctuations, has never felt pressure of emotions on market swings, pressure to support family properly, etc etc but he's read some books about it. LOL!! What would you do if that was presented to you? You'd walk out and think it was a F'n joke and find a professional with experience & successful track record. No any diff than the way prescribers view our quality of reps and kid managers