Is there anything worse than Cardinal Health?

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by anonymous, Oct 1, 2018 at 6:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For clarity, this was never Blaze’s path. Cardinal hired a consulting company to make all of its decisions related to the new sales org structure. According to BT, this wasn’t an initiative to save costs and they had 1 chance to get it right. They relied on external consultants to get it right for them. When (not if) it fails miserably, they also have the consultants to blame it on. If you don’t like the new path being taken, no one is keeping you at Cardinal. Resign like everyone else.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What an absolute crap show this has turned into. I thought I had seen it all but CAH keeps coming up with new ways to screw people over. I love that I'm not getting paid but I am 100% sure the executives haven't missed a paycheck yet. And how out of touch with the sales force do you have to be to send out an announcement that never mentions how many people lost their jobs and makes it sound like life is rosy and wonderful? By my estimate we are down to a 1/3 of the people we once had and most of the talented people were let go because they were over the age of 45. I'm outta here. I need to be paid, I need to be respected and I need the lies to stop.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The sales force isn’t the only team they’ve screwed over. Rumor is they are about to screw over finance team members. They call it “next gen finance” because Cardinal’s financial processes are much more manual than other large companies, Cardinal has a lot more headcount, and Cardinal has many employees doing the same function. They are trying to bring themselves more in line with competitors from a headcount and automation perspective. Reality is, Cardinal has FAILED to invest in automation, failed to promote innovation, and embraced status quo for far too long that it’s impossible to recover at this point! Outsourcing functions or laying off individuals isn’t going to revolutionize the industry, isn’t going to cause them to be a more automated company. They are just wasting everyone’s time, this is just another re-org and probably not the last! It’s not “next gen finance”; they will re-org the finance team again soon because they are bored and love instability! Lots of shi- is going to fall off the radar and it will be too late to recover. No need to mention Cardinal’s previous outsourcing failures!

I’ve worked at some very large Fortune 500 companies and the finance team has never been affected by the same things that are expected to happen with Cardinal’s finance folks. That’s when you know Cardinal’s FAILING in the marketplace when they target their finance team. Why not look at the management team that has embraced the status quo for too long and FAILED TO INVEST in automated functions? You get what you pay for! That’s why Cardinal’s finance talent is average or below average; all of the talented finance people saw the writing on the wall and got the hel- out! Better be careful who you piss off and better check what info they have access to before making and announcing a dumbas- decision. Cardinal’s competitors are hiring!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is hilarious because all of cardinal’s processes are manual. Right down pickIng LUM at the warehouse. Other distributors have automated many of these processes for many years now. From outdated processes to out dated systems that don’t communicate with each other. This company is f#$ked. There are huge investments that need to be made and new processes that need to be developed.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This Salesforce initiative is the brain child of half wits. What a load of rookie shit.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t question Salesforce initiatives! Just do it! Don’t forget to update your opportunities, too! If your opportunities aren’t updated, how else do you expect these LOSERS to take over once you’ve been laid off? They are lost now, and they will be even more lost without your updates. Leadership is relying on Salesforce information in order to ensure smooth account transitions once everyone is gone either through layoffs or voluntary terminations.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company is a joke! And to think, not too long ago they were reveling in the failures of OMI only to become as bad or worse. I hope these losers get exactly what they deserve...absolutely nothing! That’s what you get for not accurately paying people and for shitting on your most loyal and tenured people. It’s now the home of Medtronic rejects or yes men. In the spirit of the approaching holiday season, the Cardinal Island of Misfits.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL Well, BT, what a great call yesterday. I was so looking forward to hearing what you had to say because apparently you don't think we can read. Were you going to tell us that "you're the man?" We know - we read the memo from Mason. By the time I was able to get on the call, I couldn't hear a word because no one had muted, tons of beeps.... kind of telling about we feel about you.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is Jen Ferrang doing? Did she follow Doug Katz out the door? She was a mentor to me.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ferrang went to a small women’s health company. Katz went to a private equity firm as far as I know. Ferrang was amazing - knew the company was going to crap the second she left. Time to get out!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

both have updated their LinkedIn if you really want to know the answer.

agree - this company is going down in flames. Get out while you can!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For the love of god, please invest in a system that will accurately address comp and tracings. You do realize that sales reps live and die by this info? You bag of buttholes....

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not happening. “Comp and tracings” are two separate teams that don’t talk to one another and it shows. In fact, both teams will probably become part of Genpact within the next six months so why invest now when Indian workers will be processing tracings and calculating comp in the foreseeable future? Both processes are a total disaster now, wait until Genpact India gets a hold of them.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just curious. What type of customer feedback are you receiving from your customers regarding the Philippians location of our customer service team?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you must be fairly new to the company. Customers have always complained about our outsourced customer service. As they should, it’s embarrassingly bad. I don’t think it’s so much as the CS is outsourced as the turnover there is high and the training they get has got to be horrendous.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not only is CS amazingly horrible, my customers use it as an excuse to not do more business with us and I can't really blame them. I thought it was region specific until the meeting and realized it sucks across the board. There is so very much wrong but, I have to admit, I am seeing some changes. The massive leavings and layoffs have slowed and now it looks like we finally might begin to rebuild a little. Fingers are crossed.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you’re lost. The “mass leavings and layoffs have slowed” is incorrect. A mass amount of people were let go on Friday 12/6 and another large group for strat accounts will be let go in a few weeks. There’s not too many more people left. Rebuilding away with what they have until they realize the re-org has failed (as expected) and they decide to re-org again or hire for the positions they eliminated. Very Cardinal-Esque - abrupt changes accompanied by poor execution.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Jen was very smart and competent. I respected her a lot. When was Mike Kearns let go and where is he now? My old drinking buddy from past NSMs, Matt McLeod? Heard he's gone, too? What a shit show but the stock has been creeping higher. Go figure?!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The people who had their last day on 12/6 were informed of it in early October and all received severance packages. The packages were very generous! I was kind of hoping for one....

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow I had no ida that it’s that screwed up at cardinal. Living in central Ohio I know a few people that work there and I am guessing they wish they didn’t at this point based on all of the comments. Hopefully some of the new direction will be positive and the people left can regroup- I’m glad it’s not me ! Good Luck and stay nimble:cool: