Is turnover average really 2 years at Stryker?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Aug 8, 2013 at 10:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I doubt you passed the Gallup. Stryker is a pretty elite group - see #20 on the attachment. Do a few candidates slip by? yes. But, the vast majority simply do not make it thru the interview process. The ones that do slip by are usually phased out within a couple of years.
    My gut tells me that you were correct in 'walking away', because, you would have eventually been shown the door.

http://www.businessinsider.com/companies-with-the-most-difficult-interviews-2012-7?op=1

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Gallup isnt a test, it's a personality questionairre. Stryker believe they know the personality type they want working there. "Passing" it just means you're a Type A personality. Hence all the jokes about Styrker reps pumping iron etc. What they get area bunch of the same personality types. It must be hell at meetings.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Meetings are like pharma conventions. You learn about the best new drugs.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wrong my brother accepted then walked away. Then they came back and offered me a higher commission rate. They needed my relationships. THATS THE VALUE OF A GREAT REP. But in todays supply chain purchasing its the contract that wins. So company will cut your commission and make territory smaller . Young bucks wanting to get in , this a great gig. But for seasoned reps NAH you can have it .

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

pasted from our earlier msgs:

again....

'I doubt you passed the Gallup. Stryker is a pretty elite group - see #20 on the attachment. Do a few candidates slip by? yes. But, the vast majority simply do not make it thru the interview process. The ones that do slip by are usually phased out within a couple of years.
    My gut tells me that you were correct in 'walking away', because, you would have eventually been shown the door'.

http://www.businessinsider.com/compa...ws-2012-7?op=1

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why are you posting for your brother?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lot of valid points on here. Seems like the 'douche" comments are from the "I love me some me" Stryker Reps.

Average turnover at Endo is 2 yrs. Pretty pitiful. Stryker will go o great lengths at their meetings to say how the people at SYK are the most important. They could care less. Youre a dime a dozen to them.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm assuming that I passed the Gallup. (Went to face to face interview) was told by one or my interviewers that I did well. Couldn't get any straight answers or returned calls after that. I was ready for the grind. (I followed up several times w/ all three) If you compete for something, sometimes you lose, & that's part of the deal. But don't be afraid to say you're not the guy. Just show the scoreboard. I thought that's what this business was all about. Work hard, be fearless, be direct. If you got news... Just tell it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EXACTLY !! read up on the latest gov. fed.. news..

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stryker is awful. No car allowance, no mileage and benefits are so average. Vesting in 5 years on 401k what a joke. 2 years is the max a good rep stays. I lasted 2 years and have jumped to a much better and less stressful medical gig. Stryker is not a home for anyone and is like working with the drones on the movie Divergent.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why do those that land jobs at Stryker think they are the cream of the crop? They are sales people. Sales skills are not a specialty. They seem to think they are the best of the best.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As you get older and wiser, the more and more you should recognize that sales is a very silly profession, filled with con men and hookers.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Once again, another 'man' that failed to pass the Gallup can't keep his lamentations to himself. Get over it bro, maybe you'll get on with Applied Medical.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I fuckin love hookers bro. Shit

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The whole Gallop thing is a joke. I routinely see Stryker positions open in my local area and if the Gallop pole was worth it's salt these positions wouldn't be vacant. Likewise they breach diversity of thought but yet want to a cookie cutter profile. Crazy.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pathetic all you people are.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But my legs are huge brah... #leg day rules

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A lot of trauma openings in the new england area...any particular reason why?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because trauma call fucking sucks...you never have time to wear your scubs to a bar and buy drinks for the bitches like a $65K per year baller and you always have to leave the gym before your last set of squats...and by squats, I mean curl...in the squat rack.