It’s time to separate Exogen from HA with dedicated sales forces

Discussion in 'Bioventus' started by anonymous, Apr 14, 2019 at 10:13 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve been with this company for a number of years and have always enjoyed selling both product lines.... it was easy selling Exogen and then a little Supartz here and there. It’s impossible now to do either effectively. HA takes so much time, and accounts (big ones) require all of my attention. Both products are suffering. If this company wants to end up a top 3 ortho company, then they need to have dedicated sales forces for both. Neither of my products is getting the effort it needs. It’s just too much.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahaha!!! Just wait until they add another product to the bag. You think you don’t have time now?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i really hope that this is the case. I can’t give either one of my product lines the effort it requires

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wish! I’d be happy to do one or the other. I do t even care which product.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone knows the BV makes it easy to sell off the spread with all those shady “home made bread” reimbursement models. Isn’t that right Winnie?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Careful; WW runs the show.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think separating the two makes complete sense. Could see more growth with HA in tough markets with dedicated reps

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You do realize that if they split the sales force, your territory doubles/triples in size, right? You wouldn't get Exogen and the same territory size--you'd get the entire state in some instances.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As the bulk of the business is already “existing”, the company would simply hire a slew of associate reps. $45 base and promises of a pie in the sky commission. More feet on the ground, low front end cost. Too simple. Get ready for a bunch of au pairs, restaurant hostesses, gap store cashiers, enterprise car rental clerks and failed real estate agents.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure why HA is taking so much of your time, are you coming in for injections? Once you get the deal done, it takes zero time other than begging for reorders. I loved the call from my RM last week of every month and twice at end of quarter to pop account for another reorder even though they are on the same ordering cycle for last year. If I pop them now and I am already over for the quarter, what will happen next month/quarter boss????

Worst company every

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not sure what you’re territory is doing, or how much you understand that HA is the future of this company, or even understand that the HA sell is much different than it used to be. It is constant servicing of the accounts especially helping them with reimbursement, I get more calls daily and issues daily with HA now than I do with Exogen.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not to mention the competitors are out there full force trying to get our HA business, especially all the new WAC plus three injection reps. If you want to grow your HA business like this company wants us to, and if you want to retain the existing business, it’s clear that we need dedicated forces.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You think more sales reps is the answer to combat a competitor with a higher reimbursement rate?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hope KH Runs the new sales team

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Constant servicing?? Who the hell are you?? What pharma truck did you fall off?? This company USED to be a medical device company. People handled large territories, took business away from competitors and left fear in their wake. Now you’re just a bunch of whining bi$@hes. If the products get divided into product specific rep roles, ( which they did many years ago ) you won’t get huge territories but tiny ones. More feet on the ground means more sales. SMALL to NO salary, ( as in SnN days of tiered commissions). and higher commissions. But in today’s world means you would max out around 130-160. Stop whining and giving the company a reason to pay you less, offer less upward mobility and just do the job. If you act like a pharma rep, that’s what you’ll be. Stop acting.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The products were never split. And if you split the sales force, how do the territories get smaller? Math doesn’t work. Doesn’t matter anyway.....iceberg dead ahead.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bioventus "sales rep" job is more like customer service rep. Try selling in real medical devices, not little bone stimulators. HA is pseudo science