It didn’t have to end this way.

Discussion in 'Exact Sciences' started by anonymous, Apr 21, 2020 at 8:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s as if this lay-off started as soon as the overlay positions went up. Totally insane to follow the Pfizer model. Hope no more casualties but please give PMRs individual territories. Did any overlays get let go or furloughed?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many PMR’s got let go?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what is “the Pfizer model?”

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2, 3 more reps selling the same product to any single doctor. Detailers not sellers.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting view, is Pfizer laying off/ furloughing it’s employees?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope! And they are getting bonuses for the rest of the year. Really shitty that Exact reps are let go but Pfizer reps are sitting home not calling offices and are collecting a pay check and bonus

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is because Pfizer is an old, rich company and Exact is a young, poor company.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer will go down as a horrible partnership for Exact.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just like Lipitor was for Warner Lambert?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer has money.Exact sciences does not!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess you could have worked for Pfizer. Trust me, they aren’t making a penny off of CG right now - if they’re getting paid bonus, it’s for their other products.

And, why be pissed that someone else is making it through all of this ok? So what? They arent taking anything from you. Just because we’re struggling through this doesn’t mean we should wish other people would also be struggling. That’s just shitty.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What will go down as Horrible was Exact’s decision to expand their own sales force; there was no need to do that, just stupid empire building.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not stupid. Got rid of the dead weight and went lean. Great business decision that saved 400M in these unprecedented times. More layoffs to come beginning this summer as cuts weren’t deep enough. Good Luck Everyone.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So sorry to hear about the layoffs. Doesn’t surprise me though after interviewing last year with some dill-weed named Tim from Eli Lilly. ES flew me to Madison for a series of interviews and never even bothered to email, mail or phone me their final decision. I did enjoy my trip to Madison (pretty cool community).

I get that I was beat out by a more qualified candidate but getting to Madison is not easy and to not even have the common courtesy to thank me for my time and tell me that I am no longer a candidate (still haven’t heard from them 9 months later) was the writing on the wall about how they treat people.

My hope is that the same people that ghosted me and others that didn’t get a job see their fate as they look for work. You guys look like you have a cool product and pay well but clearly have a shitty top down culture.

The other company that that treated me poorly and is getting ready to clean out the Xeljanz team was ironically, Pfizer who I had interviewed with the day before. Hmmm???

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

F off loser. You’re 0-2. No one wants you.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You never worked here, and nine months later you’re still visiting our board to post shit about people because you didn’t get a phone call back? I think you’ve got issues, dude. Time to move on.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have to ask , "how many former Pfizer managers are here? " they don't have anything new to add.