IT layoffs missed one

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Jul 17, 2013 at 7:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm surprised the leadership team missed this on.... David Milligan

He doesn't know how to manage the expectations of his customers and is not a technology leader. Good guy personally, but has no idea what he's doing. The development costs too much and is way to slow to deliver. The infrastructure team is doing better under the new leadership, and the help desk and desktop support team is doing ok, but they are all missing leadership.

David - if you aren't packing your over inflated ego along with your office you should be.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't have we'd it better!!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

David really doesn't understand IT. Look at his background... he has never been a developer, never run an infrastructure organization, and has very limited service desk experience. He's a glorified program manager who was in the right place at the right time and schmoozed with the right people.

I agree with the above post... He a good guy and will be your best friend, but that's not going to get the job done. We need a real CIO....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on... David is a nice guy.. But I do have to agree that he is short on delivery and strategy!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you land a CIO gig without any real experience?.. Simple, make nice with the SLT, climb on your backs of your peers, and sell your boss down the river.

His days are numbered...it's just a matter of time before the new CFO figures it out. He's already running scared.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is DM the new VM?? Sure sounds like it. Our IT support sucks at KCI, have you called the help desk lately? Totally worthless.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bump

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to agree. David does not know what is going on with his people. He got there by default. We got rid of a very bad CIO (David) and he was there.....
    Many people told him, including me of the problems in IT and he only listened to the few guys that were direct reports to him, and they sucked.
    The problem with getting him out is it is too late, cannot get anyone else in there, and the new guy has not a clue about IT to know if David is good or not.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry, IT will all be outsourced to India by Q3 next year and all admin jobs will be in Budapest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stuck with Mulligan??? God I hope not. IT is ripe for a change in leadership. David has stayed well past his welcome and needs to exit stage left! The show is over.........

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The application development team sucks, maybe it is that lack luster leadership, but the quality is bad and it takes forever to get the changes we need to improve our operational efficiencies. Just wait until the bill comes.... They are always over budget.

I too would suggest that it's time for a leadership change and would suggest that both Craig and David be walked out. There is no partnership with us and we need better results.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha.. I'd add one to this. Don't even take a bow - just get the hell off the stage!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would love to revisit this post in Q1 2014 when you call some dude in Bangalore to get help!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to agree with most if not all above said. You have to understand, APAX wants "yes sir" people running shop. You need good leadership to meet/exceed long term goals. But you all need is "yes sir" back stabbing, two faced people to drive immediate results and METRICS.
    Why do you think Elise is gone and not Kirby. ER cared too much and opposed to change that would create problems. KC imposes his will and makes changes w/out regard to anything else but Metrics. Management is not ignorant of this, that’s why they’ve been able to save their necks. What they may not realize is that by doing so, they will have to leave town to get another job in IT.
    Writing is on the wall, the talent will keep leaving because they CAN find other jobs. These folks are landing in higher positions than they ever dreamed of because they are talentedthere is life after KCI.
    The time will come when these “yes sir” people will look for other jobs, they’ll realize what they’ve done when they don’t get hired because ex-kci people are in decision making position.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may be right, but once we manage to shake off that new-guy douche Jeffy for example, we will just get him replaced with something else the same or similar. Although, I must say, I don't know how we can do worse than a guy who rode Countrywide into the ground by selling bad loans, then got rich by bundling and investing in troubled assets. But I'm sure Apax will figure out a way to best themselves. Maybe they could hire the Director of Maintenance Operations for Carnival Cruise Lines...he seems pretty incompetent and doesn't know anything about this market either.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, they don't really need a lot of talent these days do they? They're just in a holding pattern until KCI is chopped up and sold off. All IT has to do is just maintain. You know, keep the gears turning, do a good enough job to keep people from complaining too much, fudge the metrics just enough to keep upper management off their back. It doesn't take a lot of talent to do that and that's something that KC can probably manage. The service desk had talented people once, hopefully they have all moved on. They don't deserve to stay in the situation the way it is now.

And you are probably right in saying that those remaining will have a hard time getting jobs in this town. Those who have left know them for what they are and won't have them.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yet another low blow, IT Helpdesk this time, outsourcing. Rest of IT to follow...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT Helpdesk Outsourcing to company in India called iGate. NCC is next.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bump

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why the bump? No one cares about IT, so we call you suckers or some idiot in India we will still get crap service.

Still I wish some of them managers will get fired as they are useless and that Kirby has to be the worse of all of them, a try yes man if ever I saw one!