IT Layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by anonymous, Feb 16, 2019 at 9:53 AM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alot more are coming later this year. Stay tuned for updates.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marco is that you?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Polo...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sweet! I plan on quitting this year anyway. Getting a severance would just be a bonus.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How much can you cut? The majority of IT has been outsourced already several years ago.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Severance packages have been drastically reduced, almost to the point of a "Two Week Notice" Speaking first hand here! If you're waiting for something special, hold your breath and don't be shocked.You may be offered soft assistance (job search, interview assistance, counseling, etc.), but the big bucks days are gone.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

negotiations have started to bring sourcing levels in line with mckinsey recommendations of 95 percent

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wipro? IBM?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes... Plus Cognizant & Tata.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shit, I regret not majoring in sports like basketball or football in college instead of IT. I could have became a sports star making big bucks.No worries about be outsourced. Now I worry where my next paycheck will be.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You would’ve made a great water boy.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone see that creepy Angelo guy around the server area ?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, but those two idiots Rohit & Ikram are sure hanging around asking a lot of stupid questions. And most of them multiple times, almost like the answer is going to change.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

dont forget about deepup

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MM has a $50MM task for 2019 - his BTS VPs each have $5-7 MM to cut on their teams. Open positions are being frozen or cancelled in 2Q already.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Division IT is next in line to get 2019 cuts. Tough year ahead.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This affects so many families at the company. Many of them are honest, hardworking folks. IT is a critical backbone of any company. Thousand of employees rely daily on the availability of their enterprise apps and networks. This would be devastating for those that are cut but also those that depend on IT services. I only hope management would reconsider.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Layoffs are for short-term P & L gains - the pain will be felt by the business for years to come but, by then, the short-sighted executives would be gone for another company or role having banked big 'cost-savings' bonuses

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will also put a strain on those with families and/or those who depend on a second income. Although, the good news is, there are a plethora of low income, part-time jobs flooding the market thanks to our wonderful president, Don Trump!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest