It's a Problem

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by anonymous, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As I've long contended based upon the scientific facts, marijuana legalization for recreational use is a very bad idea as it is for medical (wink, wink) use.

Yeah, I get it, some of you older adults like your weed and that's fine. I don't particularly have a problem with that, but your pleasure comes at too high a price for teens and young adults even well into into their 20s.

Having their brains remodeled in negative ways, likely permanently, is too high a price for you to get high conveniently and legally.

Yeah, you can argue for weed but it will be against the scientific data and the recommendations of medical organizations.

Legalization is a bad idea and besides until such time as the Feds chance the law it remains illegal.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d61e9c6881cb438fa4ae875749b75a29/pediatricians-warn-against-pot-use-not-your-dads-marijuana

2. #2 Vagitarian, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:21 AM
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017 at 2:43 PM
    Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

Interesting article. We have hundreds of thousands of people who have quit drinking, replaced it with marijuana and are successful people because, like Aldous Huxley noted in Doors of Perception, people need a way to relax art the end of the day. On the other hand, we have kids who get this strong stuff, they have bad parenting and are surrounded by bad role models, so they take to it early and get stuck.

A couple of thoughts: 1) Since we measure the alcohol content of consumer alcohol, why can't we do it with marijuana? 2) Are you really ready to put people like Willie Nelson in jail? He's a prime example of someone who quit drinking, started smoking ( responsibly) and had led a productive life.

3. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

As usual, no large-scale double-blind studies cited. Only hyperbolic bullshit.

4. Doc Who

Doc Who Active Member

Libs & Vag R not going to like this, but I agree with both. Take care my amigos.

5. Doc Who

Doc Who Active Member

If U and your religious ilk were good parents U would not have to worry about your children. Now go to church or cave where U belong.

6. Vagitarian

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marijuana was not Willie's only option in order to live a productive life. You can get sober without resorting to weed.

If we are going to have weed in any formal legal capacity your content labeling makes some sense.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's the scientific data we've got and it's plenty good enough to cause caution and act to keep weed illegal. What? are you seriously suggesting that we put the brain development of the active group at risk in a large scale double blind trial?

Are you serious?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a tool. if you and your global warming ilk were good parents U wouldn't have to worry about your children. Now drive your fucking Prius and leave the rest of us alone. Nobody cares about religion or smoking weed. We just care that you're a douche bag. It's pretty simple.

10. Vagitarian

I've burned one down with Willie. We've spoken about it. It was the best option at the time. It turned him around. I know many other straight appearing businessmen who have traded alcohol for marijuana. AA isn't for everyone and marijuana works for hundreds of thousands. You'll never kill it, it's a weed. Knock yourself out trying.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not saying it didn't work for Willie.

But it's not a trade. Trading Weed for Booze is not going to happen.

We can get rid of a lot of it by keeping it illegal and imposing stiff penalties for dealing it.

We'll never get rid of booze either but we have tight controls and lots of measures to limit use.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL! Thanks for the laugh, Doc!

Boy it sure didn't take much for you to tear down your little tin God of science and spit on it.

Yep, science tells you something you don't like and you have a hissy fit! Hilarious!

And it's not my kids I worry about. It's kids raised by fools like you!

13. libluvsbukkake

If it was legal, it would be as tough for minors to get as alcohol.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you really think that alcohol is that tough for minors to get?

Besides the way to look at it is that if booze was illegal there would be even less access for minors.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's pretty evident nobody cares about your opinion. Perhaps you should cut and paste something? At least it will generate a response. I hear Bill Nye is looking for some publicity. Help a brother out.

Vagitarian likes this.
  16. libluvsbukkake

Yeah right. There would always be a drug dealer, willing to sell it to them.

Vagitarian likes this.
  17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Probably but access would still go down relative to a legal product. Kids would still get booze if booze were illegal but not nearly as easily as they get it now.

If legality does not affect access, then why are you pushing so hard for legal weed? Hmmm?

There must be some aspect of legality that's important or you two wouldn't be so passionate about it.

C'mon man! I understand you like weed. I don't even hold that against you, but don't let that cause you to make silly and irrational arguments for it.

18. libluvsbukkake

No, because it is relatively harmless as mind-altering drugs go. Should you drive? No. I have basically stopped doing that for the most part. But, I would rather face a stoner on the road than a drunk, or a drunk AND a stoner.

Vagitarian likes this.
  19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry but something that can cause negative permanent brain remodeling in teens and 20 something's is hardly "relatively harmless".

You just don't want to face the scientific facts as we know them. Is it relatively harmless for those over 30? Yes, it is but that's not the whole of society. We are talking about PERMANENT brain damage. This is not a trivial issue.

20. Vagitarian

Alcohol is a poison. A young man just died from drinking in the Dominican Republic at a bar. That's pretty permanent brain damage Sparky! :cool: