It's a Problem

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by anonymous, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marijuana is a poison!

You tried unsuccessfully to discount a similar anecdote about a young man who died as a result of extreme Marijuana poisoning.

Sorry but you don't get away with double standards and besides fool, this isn't about which substance is more dangerous. This is about them both being dangerous to one degree or another and the fact that we are not getting rid of booze.

That's no where in the national conversation now is it, idiot boy?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for proving my point for me. Since Marijuana can permanently damage the brain without causing death, it is obviously far more dangerous!

It takes a massive dose of alcohol to cause permanently Brain damage. Marijuana is much more potent and therefore more dangerous!

Thanks for the help! :p

3. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

There are actually very few documented cases of death by a marijuana overdose. For the most part, THC (the drug in marijuana) has never been thought of as a deadly drug. In the few instances that death has occurred with marijuana use it has been attribute to other drug use or the health condition of the individual. THC is so low in potency that very large amounts would need to be taken to cause a dangerous overdose.

A fatal marijuana overdose in humans would take 40,000 times the amount of THC that it took to get them high in the first place. In comparison, it would only take 5 to 10 times the amount of alcohol to get drunk to kill a human. If you can get drunk on 3 beers, then 15 to 30 beers can cause death. If you inhale 3 puffs of marijuana smoke and get high, then you would have to take 120,000 puffs of marijuana smoke to be fatal. In this sense, it is nearly impossible to die from an overdose of marijuana. Again, it depends on the purity of the marijuana and the health status of the individual so these amounts may vary depending on the situation.

There have been a number of scientific studies on the main chemical in marijuana, THC. This drug is a cannabinoid and in the field of science known as, tetrahydrocannabinol. These studies are pretty conclusive on the fact that THC is a “psychoactive” substance and can cause people to become high when ingested, but they have not found any evidence that it is toxic to the body.

In order to determine how much of a drug would be fatal, scientists came up with a formula known as “lethal dosage.” They then test a substance until 50% of the test animals in the lab die. The formula is known as the LD-50. With this formula, it shows that very small animals such as; rats and mice, can take in as much as 1000mg per kilogram before they die. Larger animals did not even reach the LD-50 even giving them as much as 3000mg per kilogram of body weight.

What this means is that a person who weighs 140 pounds or about 63 kilograms would need to take in over 4 pounds of marijuana at once to reach the same levels as the large animal study and this still would has not been proven to be a fatal dosage. These studies have been ongoing over 30 years and researchers have yet to see a severe adverse event with the drug.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? You typed War and Peace yet said nothing. Sit down.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poor ole Vag! The little fella always zigs when he shoulda zagged.

Idiot, fatal doses are irrelevant. You got yourself off in this tangent by trying to equate death with permanent brain damage! Apples and oranges, idiot boy.

The point is that heavy but not lethal doses of alcohol do not remodel the brain like marihuana.. As much as you want to deny that it's still a fact.

It's also a fact that it doesn't really matter how one drug compares to the other. They are both dangerous. They can both result in death, directly or indirectly.

Legalizing weed when alcohol is already legal and will never be made illegal is a stupid idea because it adds the problem of another drug to the already serious problem of the drug that's already legal.

You lose, idiot boy!

6. Vagitarian

Nice deflection cupcake................:cool:

7. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

I think that he said quite a bit. And I agree with it. What is the source Vag? I want to read about this data, especially the LD-50 data.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice deflection cupcake...............

What would you say about a man who's 35 year old son still lives at home ? Beam me up SCOTTY

9. Vagitarian

There's quite a bit of data. I went to Google and typed in, "Can marijuana cause death". This is just one article I found.
    http://www.newhealthguide.org/Can-You-Overdose-On-Marijuana.html

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Except that it wasn't, you're just lying once again.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here's some data for you to read.

Looks like weed is pretty deadly after all, but I'm sure you and Vag will delude yourself into thinking this is just coincidental.

There is none so blind as they who will not see.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d61e9c6881cb438fa4ae875749b75a29/pediatricians-warn-against-pot-use-not-your-dads-marijuana

P.S. You're just as dead if weed kills you indirectly as if you managed to ingest an LD50 dose.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My apologies. This is the link I intended to put in the post above.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/05/160510103131.htm

14. Vagitarian

Well, duhhh! Both 'could kill' you indirectly if impaired so let's say it's 1 to 1 on that. Now let's tackle the overdose issue. No comparison. The winner? Weed! :cool:

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, duhhhh!

The number of overdose deaths from either is inconsequential compared to the traffic fatality deaths related to the two drugs.

And it's not a comparison thing idiot boy.

Significantly more people are dying in traffic accidents with legal weed than were dying before when just booze was legal!

Boom! My case is proven! It's stupid to add one problem to another because more people die and more people suffer permanent brain damage! It's an addition proposition, not a comparative one.

You and Libs lose this argument. You are both at odds with the data and with common sense. Cause I like weed and want it to be legal is not an argument.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. Vagitarian

Oh bullshit. Document your car death statistics. :rolleyes:

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's exactly what I did in post # 33!

This is why you are truly the idiot boy! Asking for something you've already been provided.

Don't ever ask for documentation again. If you do I will throw this up in your face. Just like the 100 year old lady who shot you down with her AK-47!

Every time you try to challenge me you come off looking like what??????

Yep, the idiot boy!!!!!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cannabis was never prohibited for health or safety reasons. Millions have used it yet morbidity and mortality data does not reflect the problem you freedom hating prohibitionists say it does. In the 1930's cannabis was prohibited to protect the big business interests of DuPont and Hearst. They found a willing federal stooge who was soon to be unemployed with the end of alcohol prohibition (Harry Anslinger). When the 1930's law was declared unconstitutional Nixon pushed for Cannabis being placed in Schedule 1 to get back at the hippies and Blacks protesting during his failed administration. (It's on his tapes).The biggest obstacle to the cannabis prohibition being removed is the amount of money the prohibition has, and our elected officials desire for "donations". Pot is less harmful than alcohol, tobacco, refined sugars, and most of the drugs available otc

20. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

Again, mostly anecdotal, no "hard science," just theory. Yeah, I don't want 12 year-olds using it and I doubt that Vag does either. Legalize and distribute like alcohol, and I doubt that usage by minors will stay this high.