It's all about that wonderful fake culture

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Apr 20, 2018 at 5:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I culture of lying straight to your face.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And more to come. Time to leave this teenage wasteland.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tragically, there really was an amazing culture 12-15 years ago. It was an amazing time and all about the science and the patients (for real). Those were the days, but now that's all gone by the wayside in favor of Big Pharma.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There was also TRUST from our management team. When we first launched Avastin we had a relatively small team and a large territory. Those were the days! We had great access to the docs and were able to have amazing discussions with them and everyone in the office. We should have stayed small, instead of adopting the "share of voice" strategy. The more people we could put in front of customers the more ingrained we would get in their thoughts and market share/penetration, etc. would go sky high. Well, there was a tipping point and we way over stepped our bounds with the share of voice model. The offices got sick of all the Genentech people forcing their way into offices. It also forced reps in the field to start lying about calls that they didn't make. I hope the industry (not just Genentech) will take a step back and examine what really works. It's not the share of voice model anymore. It needs to be reigned in significantly. Our arrogance is at an all time high. The offices are so sick of Genentech reps and their egos and entitlement mentality. I'll leave it at that.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very sad as that model really worked but it's all about the RIGHT people. GNE used to hire smart, entrepreneurial, confident, (maybe a bit arrogant a times), compassionate people. When those types leave and are replaced by big pharma sociopaths and robots there's no way the model can succeed. They resent it, don't get it, and don't want to. At least some of us enjoyed 'one brief shining moment'.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We get it. When one is as great as you are, it's hard to be humble.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I came here for the culture after tremendous success at my former company. Now I am beginning to think this whole move was a bait and switch. Guess it might be time to call my lawyer if this debacle continues. I also have been shocked by the absolute age-ism present here, not to mention the favortism towards certain people.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry to say, you were duped.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

75% of what you hear from management is lies! Come on "we're doing great and we predict more revenue and all is great and its because of your efforts out there with our customers" , one month later there is layoffs haha, then oh we had a great year, but do to 340B losses there is no bonuses for the growth of mid single digit revenue increase, but great job and we look great with a 52 billion gross revenue. Haha its all BS! They lie right to your face!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Report management on the Roche 800# ethics line. It bypasses HR. Never go to HR with a problem they will fire you every time. Use the 800# to report unethical management. The Swiss have a secret mandate and love replacing arrogant American management. They will never know if you don't tell them.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

QUOTE="SF is just like most big cities but worse!

Almost totally lawless with the welfare slaves everywhere accosting people and radical leftist protesters assaulting anyone who just disagrees with their tolerant agenda! LOL if it wasn’t so sad!

Bay Area is full of libitard, social engineering, politically correct, sanctuary city, social justice warriors under such delusion they don’t know they are committing intellectual suicide almost every time they speak![/QUOTE]

Totally agree and these are THE SAME PEOPLE running DNA here in SSF! Maybe not Bill A, who is supposedly a “closet christian.” It’s clear why many said “More Work than People.” Arrogance and delusion is being kind. Actually said by one person and then parroted by the rest who have few original thoughts and just follow along with blind group think mentality.

People really thought DNA would last forever, drunk on the company’s success with “Camelot Syndrome.” I have even heard leadership in MCO state that BioSimulars were low risk until recently, unbelievable.

The liberal ideolog agenda that exists here has left many lost, far afield, and void of logical reasoning! Bob and Herb were more conservative than they wish to remember!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Age discrimination is not new at Roche. Just google Hoffmann-La Roche v. Sperling.

In 1985, petitioner Hoffman-La Roche Inc., ordered a reduction in work force and discharged or demoted some 1,200 workers. Richard Sperling, a discharged employee and one of the respondents, filed an age discrimination charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for himself and all employees similarly situated. With the assistance of counsel, Sperling and some other employees formed a group known as Roche Age Discriminatees Asking Redress (R.A.D.A.R.).

That case went all the way to the United States Supreme Court. The employees won. I am sure after that, Roche is very careful not to go over the limit on how many "over 50" employees they can displace at one time. The way I see it, the under 50 displaced employees without the pension were just collateral damage because it is clear HR and senior management targeted the over 50 Roche pension employees.

In the notice letter the displaced employees received it states
    "Severance Benefits
    If you meet all of the eligibility requirements of the Severance Plan, including signing a release of all
    claims against the Company, you will be eligible to receive...."

They make you sign a release to collect the severance knowing that most people will not make the effort to sue them. Although if you really think you have a case, a good lawyer can sidestep the signed release.

Discrimination Definite in HER2 BioOnc:

When the Legend / Her2 franchises combined into one group issues occurred resulting in bias.
    1. Roche Legend personnel almost all received Meets Expectations ratings first year of combined franchises regardless of performance, calibration was crazy! Severely disadvantaged people.Genentech legacy leadership were publically disrespectful and abusive to Roche legacy leaders.
    2. Most with with Roche LTI retirement seem to be gone, look at the percentages in BOLD. Only one Roche legacy (S4 and above) manager left in all of HER2 franchise, smells bad?
    3. Age of most COS' severed was > 50yrs age.
    4. Observed my DNA peers bias towards their own COS' and discrimination against Roche COS' in their words and deeds through ranking, awarding, and promotions.
    By the way, I am long-time DNA. I've had enough of our "bad boy clicks" and am embarrassed by the arrogance and discrimination observed with my colleagues. Bob and Herb invisioned and fostered an open, inclusive, supportive, nurturing environment. Things change, but, this is not what was intended. We can not return to the past, yet we can strive to retain the culture and values that made us great.

As for the complaining "anti-Roachers", we would be in deeper trouble if we did not have the financial stability of Roche right now facing 340B and biosimilars in our immediate future.

#metoo

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As you stated displaced employees signed away the right to sue so, unfortunately, case closed. Most just want to get on with their lives and careers after such a deceitful process. Maybe GNE learned a few lessons this time around that won't be repeated next. Mainly, to be upfront with people. We're not children. Personally, I'm not waiting for the pink slip as I'm pursuing other opportunities now. Don't wait.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree - take control of your life and don't wait for the axe. Everyone thinks it won't happen to them but it can and even to the best people.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In retrospect, being let go during BOLD and collecting the severance package turned out quite nicely:) Thank you SLT and HR!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And we were all so worried about losing our jobs. These were the lucky ones.