It's all over

Discussion in 'Avion Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Jun 9, 2017 at 12:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All prenatals are going OTC. Not sure what will be left here.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yeah? Weird I can't find anything on that anywhere on internet. Mind putting some sources down or are you just spitting hypothetical bullshit out of your mouth hole?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only people who would know are the prenatal companies and the databases. The databases aren't going about the interwebs spilling internal policy. And the prenatal companies aren't going to want this info known because their sales forces would leave before the switch.

But the switch will likely take place in the next 2-6 months.

Why do you think Vertical killed OB Complete Gold when it was doing so well? Why waste money on litigation in a dying market?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ob gold was mis labeling the ingredients and that putting it mildly spoke to a doctor that was one of their speakers and they are so mad they were lied to

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From Avion's press release dated May 18, 2017...

"During National Women's Health Week, sponsored by the Department of Health and Human Services, First Data Bank is preparing to alter the status of all prescription prenatal vitamins from a categorization of prescription to a categorization of over-the-counter status"

Unfortunately for companies that market prescription prenatal vitamins, this is a game changer that will be tough to overcome unless they have other products in the portfolio.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is Ben B posting stuff to hurt Avion and make Acella look like the the cash cow. He wants to be the head of Acella. Thin walls Ben. We hear you.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ben or not, we still are reading the same press release from just 3 weeks ago. A very credible source no less. It's kind of scary that we aren't going to have prenatals in our bag in the very near future all while our coverage for iron goes down the toilet day by day. What would be left?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The writing is on the wall for Acella, Avion, Virtus, Mission, Vertical, etc. Any company that relies on prenatal vitamins that are categorized as a prescription because there is 1mg. of folic acid in the product to pay the bills will be forced to find other products. This has been coming for years with FDA decision to act on "desi" or "unapproved" products.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If I were a gamblin' man, I would say the show is over here. Without prenatal vitamins it will be tough for Avion to survive.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More scare tactics here. The sky is falling. Last time I checked my prescriptions were still be filled at the pharmacies. Give it a break.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Scare Tactics? The comment just states the truth...without selling "prescription" prenatal vitamins the company cannot likely survive as there are no other significant products that generate enough revenue to sustain a business...no "scare tactics" involved. Just cold hard truth. Not meant to scare and hopefully not a surprise to anyone reading this.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All I have to add is that there is nothing funny and about this situation as there are a lot of folks at Acella/Avion that are going to lose their jobs. While I believe that this decision (to take prenatal vitamins OTC) has been a long time coming, I feel for the employees. Ownership has done just fine through the years and have had opportunity to bank roll A LOT OF MONEY. The employees, however, will have to find employment elsewhere.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok asshole enough from you already. You were fired and you are doing nothing more then trying to start trouble here.

Here are the facts. The PNV's are going to be fine as the MCO/PBM payers have confirmed they are going to continue to reimburse for the PNV category. No one is going to lose their job and the game goes on. Go post your doom and gloom somewhere else and make sure you have my burger and fries are ready. Get you shoe shine box out and shine my shoes real nice you loser.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The drug databases dictate what products get reimbursed and what products do not. First Data Bank (a.k.a FDB) will be putting all of these nutritional supplements in the OTC category. Companies will be forced to remove the NDC as they will no longer be a "drug"...they will be a "nutritional supplement". A perfectly adequate and high quality multivitamin (prenatal or otherwise) can be purchased over the counter at any grocery store, drug store, health food store without a prescription. The millions of dollars being made by "pharmaceutical companies" who continue to slightly change the ingredients in order to charge the consumer ridiculous amounts of money for the "new and improved prenatal vitamin" is coming to a halt. The pharmacies don't like it either as it is a scam.

Your peers have already began dismantling their sales force on these products so as to redirect their efforts to sell real prescription products to prescribing doctors. If you are a one trick pony and only sell prenatal vitamins...well...good luck. Start the bus.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More lies and deceit.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would certainly be concerned about this.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dropping like flies...we got no raises year and why is that?
    Just heard we lost Tyler, Chris, Jeb, Ej, and some of them double dipped to get bonus now more or heading out with this new alignment. You are nuts...no one is staying on board with this garbage.