its been 6 months since you could have left... How's it going?

Discussion in 'Cubist' started by Anonymous, Mar 23, 2015 at 12:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We paid for that car with our hard work now look at us. Sold out.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

American greed. Those dirty bastards.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's hear some truth about how the ID reps are doing at the MedCo. I hope they are doing well, but it sounded too good to be true as to their salaries, bonus potential, autonomy etc. Are they really making money? Is their antibiotic moving?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most are struggling, but those of us with good relationships are doing well. I can only speak for myself, but base is now just shy of 150k and 4th quarter bonus was around 25k, and first quarter should be around 15k, but 4th hasn't been paid yet, supposed to be this week. should have no problem exceeding 200k total.

70% of my hospitals have added to formulary, with zero going to dalvance, although business in most is still pretty slow. No doubt it hasn't been easy, because it's a big shift in treating these patients and reimbursement is a challenge at first, but this is clearly the winner of the two new products. Every one of my customers has sworn off dalvance due to the huge price difference, so it's good to know that the future will be positive.

The people that got hired without antibiotic experience have been struggling big time and my guess is that many could be let go soon, because overall the numbers aren't great nationally.

This is not the place to come to if you can't move product. Small sales force and managers have time to actually review the business because they aren't wasting time watching reps work all day.

A few months in and I can honestly say that after 20 years and 5 different jobs, this is the best pharma job I've had. Low stress, quality training, and I have a great manager that actually sold in hospitals for years. He has no interest in making a spreadsheet look good, just sales numbers, and damn, that's refreshing! We are also launching 3 new products in the next 6 months as well. Can't argue with that pipeline. I just hope they hold on and don't sell the place off, because this has been great.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This info seems credible for the most part, I still would call BS on two points (or maybe just exaggeration), bonus and formulary wins. NO Hospitals in our area have put this on formulary or stocked, too much baggage, reimbursement still questionable, and hospitals don't have systems set up to really use orita appropriately.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can see how you would not believe the numbers, but they are legit. I had relationships and got in on some early purchasing offers we had for customers and that led to a nice bonus right off the bat. Here's the deal though, only about 20 of us were able to close those, so that's not the norm, just my experience. Without a history with these customers, I would have had no chance...

On the hospital formulary point, you are correct in that they don't have systems in place to use it, and that's why uptake has been so slow. But every one of my accounts has brought the new products up for review. One system has tabled a review for a year... so that sucks, but all of the others have made a choice and we won. Only one of them is actively using it on a regular basis, but they have all added it and made a minimum purchase at a primary hospital within the system. Working on how to use the product has been the big obstacle. Reimbursement also scares customers, but most of what we have seen has been really solid and predictable.

This definitely hasn't been easy, but the money is great and we are left alone to work by management. The biggest complaint I've heard is people annoyed by conference calls. I swear people in this industry just have to complain about something, so that's the point they whine about.

6+ months and zero DM ride days... Not sure what more anyone could ask for!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best if you stayed

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard you still haven't been paid your 2014 bonus. I would say that might cause me some concern. Glad I stayed.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like the lack of DM rides (they are not that often for most of us really unless you are in trouble or an anal RBD). You post mostly what I have heard, a lot of hospitals are reviewing dalb and orit at same time (most tabling till reimbursement or other info available) and as you said predictable. What is going to impact who wins is if dalb gets one time dosing, and of course what we all live by now...reimbursement. I hope you get paid for your wins, (most of the time, it only takes one!) hope you can last...and how long till you too are swallowed up. The 80% out there not getting it done is an expensive weight to keep up on the long haul that abx take for limited success, again, hope you can last.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way they haven't been paid yet. I don't believe it for a second. The entire sales force would have quit by now.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bonuses were paid. Sure it was late, but in the end it all came together. Big picture, Medco is about as good a job as there is in the industry. Of course the company could get acquired, but that's a risk in any job.

Not to mention with base salaries as high as they are, reps can afford to get a little slow pay on the bonuses on occasion.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like a douche bag manager. Go back to your own lame board.
    Did medicines pay you interest for the money they held? If not, then isn't that basically theft? Can you enter your reporting and expenses later than their deadline and not expect to be called to account? If so, you work for a bizarre organization.

BuhhBye Medhead

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

jealousy is so unbecoming... Gotta love the pharma rep legal advice. The question was asked on this board and if you haven't guessed, many of us used to work there.

Now hurry along and prep for a ride along because they don't trust you, and you clearly aren't good enough to do your job without someone "coaching" you every 6 weeks or so...