It's no picnic here

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Aug 27, 2018 at 4:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with this note from a different conversation: We see many contradictions at HQ. At all-company meetings they tell us that the employee turnover is below industry average, yet we know that that can't be true, just based on how many people continue to leave each month. They say things are turning around in sales, but we know that things are actually getting slightly worse each month. But those things may be beyond their control, so, apart from them not being honest about them, what can they do? The thing that's bad is that they CAN control certain things and don't, like how they treat us and how they lead. A huge example is the picnic mentioned above. It was a nice gesture that they didn't have to do and whether it was a good idea or not from a money point of view is a different topic, but if they're going to all that trouble to build team spirit and rally the troops, to convince us that they care and that we should care too, then wouldn't you expect that the executive team would show up? Astoundingly, Wa'el wasn't there. Neither was Linda MacDonald. Neither was Dan Dalton, but I agree that he gets a little bit of a pass because he lives on the East Coast. Yes, Tracy from HR was there, as was Pierre Louis from R&D, and Aziz, and Garlan from Legal. And Aziz & Tracy got on stage and spoke well to get people excited. They did a nice job. But can anybody who's been here longer than Wa'el imagine the company having an event like that and having Rohan just NOT BE THERE? He's the CEO for Pete's sake! He's supposed to be the one who says, "I'm here because you all are the most important part of Avanir to me, and I thank you, and I support you, and I wouldn't have missed this event for the world, because you people work hard and under a lot of pressure all the time, and you're great!" And if there was some emergency that prevented him from being there that would be ok, but he decided to go on vacation. In times past, there would have been no way that the CEO would not have been at such an event. If there was a conflict, either the event or the CEO's personal schedule would have been changed. And where were the other missing leaders? Linda MacDonald also scheduled her vacation to overlap with the picnic. And as for the rest? It all has a "let them eat cake" feel to it. Maybe I just miss the Rohan days. He wouldn't have eaten any of the meat offerings, and probably wouldn't have had a beer, but he would have been there sweating in the sun with us, assembling a bicycle for charity, taking a turn in the dunk tank, and telling us that "we" (meaning all of us including himself) are doing important things for good reasons, and yeah, it's very hard right now, and it will likely get harder, but it's worth it, and he believes in us. That's the biggie: He believed in us. Does Wa'el? Do the other leaders? I don't know, but it doesn't fee like it.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow. That was a mouthful and I completely agree with you. There needs to be more transparency here! we need to fight for our teams! It is really hard here right now and a lot of people are leaving like crazy. we need to address it and be honest because the sales team is not a dumb as we think.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Transparency is a 4 letter word around here. Kind of like Jail.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are still employed at Avnr, you really are dumb.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Love my job here. BIG BIG base and plan bonus which I attained easily.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If I were management, I would prioritize the top, key markets. From there, the second-tiers will begin to be cut in the next 45 days.

Then throw a picnic to all the complainers...especially my manager!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is it really as bad as you say? My friend works at Anavir and says things are good. Is he bs’n me?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. Things are better. Rohan was the worst CEO. Now everyone is fixing his mess. Some in home office don’t like it when you ask them to work.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poster #5 -
    Really??
    I don't receive a BIG, BIG BASE
    or make bonus easily.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pretty sure poster #5 was being sarcastic.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are tenured reps here who been with the company 7+ years who do have bases in the 130-140 range
    But Target 40K bonus pretty much nobody makes

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is s fair and balance post.

1. CEO, why did you miss it? Why did you not make sure your reports show up? why do you let them run wild?
    2. Linda, what were you thinking to plan your vacation at this time? You dont seem to think past YOU. I bet you will be there for the xmas party being fake as usual.
    3. Dan -no execuse to not make it. Would you make the xmas party because its fancy?

You owe us an explanation.

HR did the best to put this together and it was not easy. At minimun you should have been there to support HR. I was.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why?