It's only a matter of time....

Discussion in 'Jazz Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

before people/investors/wall street figure out that raising the price of Xyrem doesn't mean an increase in sales. I mean really...how long is this gig going to last for us? Do the higher-up douche bags really think they can keep increasing the price three or 4 times a year? Damn, I just need to get out of here. Between my/the inept ass-wipe RSM's, the stumble drunk ABD's, an HR department that is anything BUT HUMAN RESOURCES (and I could go on...) it's only a matter of time till this "joy ride" implodes. Oh well, I am grateful that I have a check coming in while looking for something better.

Oracle...what do you think?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your departure would certainly be most welcome!

LaToya Jazz
    Asst. Dir. Sales& Board Member

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are not the Oracle. Keep your unsolicited opinions to yourself.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe YOUR the one with the unsolicited opinion. As a matter of fact, you have been giving it for a while now and it STILL sucks. The only thing keeping you from looking like a COMPLETE moron is the fact you can remain anonymous... but you know it anyway. Take a look in the mirror...wow, that's scary isn't it??

Douche bag...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I never said I was the Oracle, you over-reacting, impotent, buffoon. BTW- I like what I see when I look in the mirror. How does looking in a mirror relate to this thread, anyway? Morons (people such as yourself) KNOW what they are; as being one does not manifest itself through physical characteristics.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your obvious mental derangement seriously concerns me. Rehab may be your only choice. I do wish you well, and invite you to take advantage of our benefit package.

LaToya Jazz

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow...again, Latoya! Aren't you "the pot calling the kettle black"...and this coming from someone with a "split-personality?"...how about YOU take advantage of our benefit package, Latoya!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The rest of the world concurs.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Douche bag,
    the proper word in your emphatic caps should be YOU'RE, as in, "you are". Perfect example of the numb-nut minds we actually have here.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, thank you! Maybe we need to sympathize with them. They know not what they do or say! (or what they write).

LaToya Jazz

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice Latoya, that's the first smart thing you have said since you've been on this board! You should be proud of yourself! Good girl!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The real Oracle here -

First - disclosure time. Obviously wrong on my call about sales force cuttdown going into q4. Stock is doing very well and those that had the stones to buy when we were on the verge of going bankrupt (and yes we were) made an arseload of cash. I'll admot when i was wrong, and glad I was on that one!

That said - I still personally made out on my ad board defeat short, so I'm still loving life.

But going forward - as the initiator of this thread stated - let's look at long term sustainability.

This my friends is where the problem lies. The stock is great now, and if you've made money, especially those 85 cent espp shares - think about taking some money and running. As Cramer says "pigs get slaughtered" you've made some nice money, but there is nothing here to make this the next genentech.

Positives: Xyrem is the most profitable drug in the world. And the "when in doubt, jack the price strategy" has been working. We are making a killing.
    Generic competition - none on the horizon. NO ONE is going to make generic GHB - and no generic could have the single distribution that xyrem needs. This drug is a hell of a cash cow.

Negatives: LCR - not around much longer, but an albatross from the start. This has been hashed to death, but when it goes away with nothing to replace it, that head count talk is going to come up again - count on it.

When in doubt Jack the prioce - eventually the luck on this is going to run out, and this will be the real problem. Take a look at the number of new enrollments - the new biz isn't there, we are just RAPING our current customers. This will run out - the MC plans are wise to us and the hammer will fall. I would look for this to especially happen in the Fibro territories (you know who you are). The off label stuff is the easiest plasce to crack down.

Fibro : We all know this got shot down, and everyone not drinking the koolaid directly from the tap knew this well in advance. Its pretty well known (subject has been written about by several analysts) that the company thinks they will get a big uptake in off label due to the application. Few problems here - 1. I think they are overstating the potential - the orphan guys already did this and we all know the story. 2. This is where the MC companies and they pricing strategy will come back to haunt us. 3. If they get too cute here, the FDA will drop the Hammer- watch your arses people, they will need to make examples here and there.

Investors - there are ALOT of investors with cheap options out there. Including the guy that saved the co at the last minute and bought a TON at $7.
    So ask yourself, do they think that this will be the next AMgen, or did they just make a ton of money and on to the next thing?

Summation - cash cow of a drug, but serious questions about growth and strategy. No other prospects on the hozion, and a management team that thought Luvox Cr would do 100 million year one.

As always, you have a great base. Dumping a good job to come here is stupid, leaving for a primary care job in big pharma is dumber. If you can upgrade to real biotech/specialty and the numbers make sense - good luck.
    And if you just made a ton of money on espp - congrats. But if you start to think they will make you a millionaire - take a look at the 5 year stock chart, and remember all those people that ponied up SERIOUS money at the IPO price.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://www.bnet.com/blog/drug-business/how-a-sleeping-drug-company-increased-prices-300-without-anyone-noticing/6395

Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ) has pushed up the price of its narcolepsy drug Xyrem fourfold since 2006, and it’s a good example of how prescription costs in the U.S. are out of control. Xyrem now costs as much as $35,000 per year of treatment, and the company says it could double the price again without anyone noticing.

In fact, the only reason Jazz survives as a business is because of the naked price increases it has managed to extract from reimbursers — namely health plans and the government — none of whom have offered any pushback.

In 2009, Jazz was on the brink of bankruptcy. It became a penny stock. It put its drug development program on hold in order to service its debt; it laid off 24 percent of its workforce and cleaned house among management, replacing its CEO and CFO.

To rescue itself, Jazz began upping the price of Xyrem. The price hikes worked. Jazz’s Q3 2010 “set a new record,” CEO Bruce Cozadd told Wall Street in a conference call in which he also said 2010 was “a pivotal year.” In a recent note to investors from Jefferies & Co. analyst Corey Davis, a chart of Xyrem’s spiraling price was labeled “To the Moon, Alice!”

Jazz’s business consists almost entirely of Xyrem. Jazz had Q3 revenues of $44 million, with $37 million of that coming from a 49 percent increase in Xyrem sales. Jazz president Bob Myers said he’s not done yet. Another 22 percent price increase was scheduled for Xyrem on Nov. 1, he said told the conference call:

Even at our highest dose … after the price increase the annual cost for 12 prescriptions per month is still only $35,000 per year. So yes there is a price ceiling that we want to stay below to not raise the scrutiny of payors or plans. But quite frankly we’re nowhere near that ceiling right now. We could more than double that current price and still be below that ceiling. We do want to avoid big jumps in price.

This is entirely the fault of the healthcare “system.” Patients haven’t noticed the price increases because Jazz supplies them with coupons good for up to $1,200 in out-of-pocket costs. The rest is picked up by lackadaisical insurance companies and state and federal programs that are banned by law from negotiating prices.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, just like the title of this thread states, your time will be short lived here. MDs don`t respect Jazz`s name or it`s products. From the cast of characters who run this crap hole to the laughable products, it`s one big circus. This road show will soon be closed for good.

16. Victim

Victim Guest

To all of the Xyrem executives, employees and stockholders,

I cannot be believe the disrespect and lack of concern you show your "cash cow" patients- by the way that is what we are, sick and in need of medication.

I hope that the people leaving your great company are overcome by their duty to humanity and blow the whistle on this disgusting practice. There would be no repercussions for them and I believe that they would become a hero to the patients and insurance companies combined.

I am going off Xyrem because I believe at some point they will start cutting corners on production and safety to further line their pockets.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is the little matter of proving your rediculously crazy accusations!
    Your stupidity is actually laughable!

LaToya Jazz

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jazz obviously does not believe in "euthanasia." If so, the plug would have been pulled on this laughable company a few years ago once they saw that no "real compnay" had any interest in buying them. This is a slow and painful death for the people who can not find other jobs. Another 12 months on their death bed should finish`em off!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a shame you can't be held accountable for your lack of knowledge. You remain anonymous. It's a pity!
    It's a pity, because we WILL be here many years from now. I sense that many here do believe this now. Many of our employees accept their future with Jazz, and are happy to be here!

- Jermaine Jazz Jr.
    - Dir. Sales/ Op.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are about to NDC Block your product. You cannot charge whatever you want to make up to cover the fixed expenses of your little shithole company.

Sell Xyrem off and close your doors, we are about to make you $ sales go down.