J&J? Another One Bites the Dust!

Discussion in 'Actelion' started by anonymous, Nov 25, 2016 at 8:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Read that J&J is going to acquire Actelion. I always thought you guys were like biotech, lean, innovative, independent. If true, get ready for assimilation by J&J. If you are really more like big pharma, plug and play reps etc., then you will LOVE J&J. They are the biotech slayer. Mediocrity is their battle cry. For the players, you have time to shop for a better gig. It usually takes J&J 3-4 years to ruin a culture. In one rare case, it took longer. But they all fall. Good Luck.
    P.S. The J&J Pension now really sucks, so don't let them tickle your ears about the pension.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JNJ will tell you that they'll let you alone - "you've been successful so why would we mess with you?" But that'll last for about a year. Then slowly but surely they'll bring in some of their hi potential leaders-usually an asian, African American or female of some combination of that to 'help out'. If there is not enough diversity there will be.

But the way it works is they'll ask for your forecast, push it up, and make sure they get they're money. As soon as you start missing the overblown forecasts, it'll be a full blown rush of JNJers and they're vanilla thinking, down the middle programming. Hopefully you all got equity and can afford to stick around for a little bit until it becomes intolerable and you can leave on your own terms. Good luck!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How soon does JNJ layoff the "cost to serve" positions after acquisition (HR, Finance, Legal, etc.)? I wouldn't mind having their name on my resume, even if only for a few months....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are going to a shared services structure with each of these functions. There will be some integration of existing personnel, but make no mistake, you will fall into these shared services and their processes will rule. Give it 18 months before you really feel and see it.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They fuck up everything they buy! All they want is revenue. Why don't they create their own shit!!! I hope Actelion values it's culture and all the sacrifices they have made to create this company. Don't hand it over to these corporate raiders!!!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Culture is for the little people. Cash is for the execs.

Once the trickle of JNJers start coming over, watch out. They don't send the best and brightest, they send the ones they want out of another opco that they can't fire.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nah, take the money and RUN...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

J & J is a much better option than Sanofi! I just read that they are in the mix now too.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The deal is off, the deal is off, thank God almighty, the JNJ deal is off!! (Now let's hope Sanofi also says "au revoir")

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dodged one bullet but they are reloading!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Money talks

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Run Forrest! Run! You are about to take it in the a$$. Smart reps will be leaving as fast as possible.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Official notice from the Clozel mafia: you are officially now the bitches for JNJ!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........................................:)