J&J To Buy WMGI?

Discussion in 'Wright Medical' started by Anonymous, Aug 28, 2014 at 12:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are always rumors going around that someone is going to buy Wright but lately the rumor mill has been abuzz about J&J purchasing WMGI. Anyone have reliable information on this?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I read the same thing. I wrote it down and then I read it. Lmao

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its happening. Tomorrow. After WMT buys Zimmer.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could be J&J....we started producing " no more tears" on cherry road with today's news

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best. Post. Ever. Think I saw some tears of joy yesterday.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who had tears?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of the folks who will now be able to go back to work for TD over at MPO. Thanks BP. You saved our lives by finding a buyer because we all know companies are not sold, they are bought

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now if only BP would buy the farm, those tears of joy would take on a whole new dimension of unspeakable joy!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We'll said

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh for the love of all things holy, stop it already with the endless rumor mongering that <FILL IN THE BLANK> is about to buy Wright. Give it rest already!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try shill. This is the worst kept secret in orthopedics. Just announce it already. The stock is treading water. Get your 36/37 a share and close down Memphis.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok schmuck, so when's The Big Announcement? These predictions never actually seem to pan out, now do they.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tick tick tick............WMGI 31.15 +1.06 (+3.52%)

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

grapevine says Oct 10 is the day. Anyone in-the-know want to weigh in?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would explain why there's a rush to finish construction at the woc, theyre moving machines at night over there.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not in-the-know, but no deals until FDA panel makes call on Augment. That date is 10/26.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now I know you may really not be 'in the know'; 10/26 is a Sunday. Not sure (if ever) the FDA met on a Sunday! The next scheduled meeting in which this might occur would be Nov 6th (and it does not look like it is on the agenda). Perhaps I am wrong? See attached Link:

http://www.fda.gov/AdvisoryCommittees/Calendar/ucm411073.htm

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nor does the FDA Med Device Dispute Resolution Panel have WMT on an agenda this year. Perhaps internal at the 180 day mark?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DRP is no longer in play, after we agreed to file the PMA amendment.

As for that Oct 26 date ... that's not so hard and fast is it? Yes, it is the 180 day mark from the amended PMA, but who's to say the FDA won't rule a day or 2 before the absolute deadline?

And if a potential suitor has any degree of confidence about the FDA ruling favorably, they'd be smart to snatch us up before the stock price shoots up to $40+ with an approvable Augment product.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or stupid for paying a premium for a company whose stock price could tank again if the FDA decision isn't favorable. It's not exactly a slam dunk considering the track record for products that go this route when it comes to FDA approval.