January layoff

Discussion in 'Purdue' started by anonymous, Dec 1, 2017 at 1:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

okay folks lets share what we know and help each other out. no one needs to be without a job during the holidays. what are you hearing? ive heard going to sell in single territories again so no more partners. ive heard this will happen in January by the time we have district meetings. their doing all they can to retain us by having pointless conference calls. four managers have quit, we are on a hiring freeze, zero training class scheduled for 2018.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what does this mean? Will there be a downsizing? Will there be layoffs? What is the severance package (i've been here less than a year)?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Layoff all the "yes men" first, maybe better decisions can be implemented.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

red safe. Purple gone, blue, anyone's guess.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All BS. I know of one new hire recently and of another that is being flown out to do a final interview next week. So yeah...Ain't no hiring freeze going on round here. We are having District meetings the second week of January and launching a new drug by the end of Q2. With that said...It wouldn't surprise me if Purple Reps are a thing of the past fairly soon...common sense.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are obviously getting wrong info. They announced this week we are not filling any rep or DBM positions at this time. We have 52 rep vacancies (and more counting) that we are not filling at this time.
    We were supposed to hold interviews next week for a vacancy in our district and we were told by upper management to cancel all interviews due to realignments

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was applying for one of the DBM vacancies but received a call this week that they are not filling any openings at this time until they know what the head count will be. I believe this is an answer to my prayers because being a new DM I’d for sure be cut if given the position. Definitely a sign that I asked for.

Time to get resumes ready.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A few proposals went to the board. They met last week and decisions have been made. One of the proposals includes: 6 regions to 4, down to 40 DBMs, down to 400 reps. Approx 30% reduction. Timeframe as soon as Dec 15 and as far as beginning of March. This may or may not have been approved. What is certain is there will be significant changes.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

last round of layoff"s they were doing it based on tenure. that is exactly what was told the regionals last time. rumor is that's still the case so they can avoid lawsuits for dms choosing favorites. too may reps for only 3 products to promote. symproic launch isn't going as planned because of them overshooting the projected trends. third party was hired to make changes and they've been decided. we will be last to know when. just don't be dumb enough to think your safe. no one is. not hiring for any of the open dbm spots

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tenure wasn’t a deciding factor during the last layoffs. My district lost the most senior rep of over 20 years as well as a rep who had only been with the company 1 year....reps with a variety of tenure were kept and let go last time....more likely scenario depends on how new territories are drawn and where they need reps or have too many reps

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thats because you had the industries three biggest fools do the layoff - Pilla Saaid Timney. You can't find a more worthless trio
    If you've been in the industry awhile, you've been through this before. It sucks but the worst part is the wait and the useless gossip

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop the LIES and false statements! There will be NO LAYOFFS!
    No one should believe this nonsense!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is lie - I CAN find a more worthless trio.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. Sick and demented LIARS. THERE WILL BE NO LAYOFFS COMING!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i think you're lying about the lies that some seem to believe are not lies!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have you seen the numbers? Stop listening to what your managers tell you, Symproic is maybe at 10% of goal. There will be layoffs by Spring. It’s called being realistic, those who say otherwise need to turn off the Hallmark channel, put down the eggnog, and look at our contractual obligation.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes! Layoffs coming. I was in 3 meetings this week. Red team not getting job done with Symproic. Cutting Red team 30% and merging Blue and Red together. Symproic will be lead product for everyone first 2 quarters of 2018. Better coverage coming.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Liar.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WHEN, oh when, will you people STOP believing the LIES?????? There will be NO LAYOFFS coming!! Don't let the IDIOTS try to continue to fool YOU

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So my guess is whoever saying no layoffs is either delusional or on the board trying to trick us!!! No layoffs really!!! Think logically people....do you think the reps, dms or rms would know for sure there are layoffs when ALL of us would be subjected to a cut. The RMs and DMs are saying no cuts we are fine but they will be blindsided like us.
    Reality is there will be cuts no doubt. Call plan a mess, opioids restricted on selling and symproic not selling. If that new product for Q1 fell thru we are all screwed. I have no concrete proof but am smart even to know there will be cuts!