January layoff

Discussion in 'Purdue' started by anonymous, Dec 1, 2017 at 1:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well the RD for the area had very little interaction with most reps. He couldn’t have evaluated me or many others fairly since he didn’t know us or have any idea of our selling skills let many excellent sales people go and kept the low ability ones who play the game well but can’t oroduce results

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So this has finally set in and I am still blown away by the way this is being handled. Pray you don't have questions for HR because they wont answer or return calls. I did get a one sentence response two days later on a basic question to an email. Stay classy PP! I can't believe I gave you so many loyal years only to be treated like this!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many TBM jobs now listed on the Purdue career web-site. Posted territories where they just laid off an employee.

Their layoff verbiage was something like this: "market conditions have changed....we are a family company that cares about each and every employee....we really regret that we have to do this"

Can't believe a thing this company says.....Not "True North"

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well hell. Maybe I’ll apply. I was let go a year ago. Maybe they’d like to hire me back. LOL

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For those of you left, Just a word of caution. Don't count on being treated better than that old box of oxy literature when you get the call. This is so pathetic.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This has truly been the worst experience of my professional career. Bad training experience. Bad vibes from my DBM the first week he road with me in the field. Bad initial customer reactions upon hearing what products I represented. Bad access. Bad call plan. Bad clinics that were somehow left for me to deal with even though it was obvious that they were ROC's for years. Bad POA's. Bad leadership. No leadership. Bad launch. Bad communication. Really nothing positive about the past three years other than the fact that it is over.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sounds like you didn't do your homework. Bad on you

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was downsized in 2015 after just a few years and those were my exact thoughts word for word!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The PERSON who kept POSTING about no layoffs should be tied up and DRAGGED down the STREET by a COMPANY car! (Just kidding)

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left in 2013 after 5 years and those were my thoughts exactly, knew I made a mistake from day 1 of training in Stamford. With 2 children in college, I hung in there as long as I could, but after they did away with pension plan....I was out of there!! ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY I EVER WORKED FOR....so nice to see Karma really DOES exist.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolute nightmare. Management sucked and senior reps that had made all that bonus money were total assholes.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My experience exactly. Sounds like many of us knew fairly quickly we had gotten into something that was going to be a terrible experience. Hard to believe this place has operated like this for years without a complete mutiny. I almost feel for those left to endure.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sunday travel - suits were worn at all meetings even district meetings - cancel vacations when it would conflict with work - 4 page field contact reports that were hand written and full of nonsense. The world and industry passed Purdue years ago and the ONLY reason people worked here and put up with this old fashioned horse shit was for the bonus.
    Anyone working for this washed up company now is a complete moron

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But they can.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree. But the suit thing is just old school. Other companies require suits too. Not much to complain about there.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Such a shame that we folded after so many years of saying we would not abandon our doctors and patients. I guess the media and perception was all that truly mattered to "leadership".

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The price one must pay for ignoring double dipping.