JNJ doubles employee out of pocket expenses in 2020 health plan

Discussion in 'Janssen' started by anonymous, Oct 23, 2019 at 1:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As if meeting the high deductible wasn’t bad enough, now, we all can look forward to paying 40%out of pocket vs. last year’s 20%

Pretty bad when government run healthcare is better that the healthcare JNJ provides. HSA has 6x the deductible of Medicare, premiums are higher, and will only cover 60% of medical or Rx expenses when the deductible is met. Medicare covers 80%. This has to be the worst medical plan in the industry. I guess they are testing the waters to see if insurers are in the market for selling supplemental plans for commercial patients! Don’t forget that the fee for the “privilege” of adding a working spouse has now increased to $1350.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is what happens when you work for the spawn of the devil. Profit before people. That should be the new JnJ credo.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Before I post this let me get this out of the way. I am a short timer, I am finishing up my career with JNJ the end of Q4.

so with that being said, I just want to make sure all the new blood realize something. you aren't important to the company. you are disposable. if it feels like the company is pushing you and pushing you just to see how much you will take before you leave, its because they are. No pharma company wants boiler room sales guys anymore, they want walking billboards. they want ipad holders, lunch deliverers, and signature catchers. Pharma rep is a shrinking career, soon to be a dead end career.

It doesn't really matter if the death by a thousand cuts approach pushes you over the edge, even if you hang on through the steady decrease in compensation, and decrease in benefits, the company will eventually get you. i promise you this. if you are 30 or under. I guarantee you will not retire with this company. you can count on that.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ll be here for decades. Plan to retire here 25 years from now.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP here... amazing this post doesn’t have more replies. How many JNJ employees are in the US? They must all be on their spouse’s plan. They give ZERO FUCKS. So thanks to the ‘Cynical Short Timer’ and the ‘25 Year Countdown Clock Guy,’ but hopefully there are many people that are more upset than you.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are this upset, rally the troops and organize a strike. Get a union to come in..that may change their tune.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is my guess that few employees have enrolled this year and have not realized the difference in insurance coverage. It is really shocking compared to past years coverage. It will hit the majority of users when they start paying more out of pocket.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a potential Janssen employee. I’m on my third interview and I carry the insurance for me and my spouse. I DO care what premiums will cost me. Do I accept this position or another job I have been interviewing with. Please give me your honest response. How much is the premium per month for medical for employee plus one for an HSA account and what is the deductible? How much is the premium for dental for employee plus one? What is the 401K match? Thanks in advance.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like any job, satisfaction depends entirely on the territory, management and paycheck.

Examine the medical benefits closely, they do come with an expense (although JNJ products are free) Expect to pay for our of network Drs

Other benefits are standard- 401k and I don’t know if you are eligible for pension it may no longer be there for new hires

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1. Have not looked at plan yet , like many JNJ employees thanks for heads up
    2. JNJ benefits have declined annually but this sounds like the worst yet
    3. Complaining falls on deaf ears
    4. Use your HSA and max it out

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on my Friend

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless you have no Job and are penniless pass on JnJ - As serious as a Heart attack

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I still haven’t heard what the premiums or deductible will be for medical and dental plus one.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I still haven’t heard what medical and dental premiums are plus one with an HSA. Could someone please respond? Also what is the 401K match?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah - sounds like you’ll fit right in here.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ask the person you are interviewing with, to provide those details.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those are questions you don’t ask in an interview if you want to get the position! You only see them or can ask when you receive an offer!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correct. They keep cutting the reasons why you would want to come here and don't want to be asked about it.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Employees who are posting this stuff are most likely on long term medical leave anyway. Get back on the couch and let us ham & eggers limp along well enough to keep those pay checks coming your way. Your welcome