JNJ IT Needs to be a Consultant

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson IT' started by anonymous, Sep 1, 2015 at 12:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey JNJ IT, when are you jackasses going to realize you're here to be a consultant to the business where we are the customer -- just because our paychecks come from same place doesn't mean you shouldn't see us as a customer. Your an expense and not revenue so get with the program.

If you all were a standalone vendor we hired to implement a project and you provided the level of service and appreciation for your customer at the level you do, we'd fire you.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you really think ITS management gives a crap about the operating companies. Management needs to be cleaned out and people brought in that understand your point.
    There have been way too many times I have gotten yelled at for attempting to help our customers when management thinks they know better.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree; however, this is only one part of the equation.

It's "the business" that provides the budget in which we must operate. If you don't like the service, then complain to your 'business' management. I have not met anyone in IT who wouldn't be happy to have more resources to provide better service.

You get what you pay for, and in this case ES&P is driving toward -40% across the shared functions. Don't expect this to get better.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go back to school you r*****. "You're an expense..." is correct.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If ITS Management cared about customer service or service of any kind for that matter, they wouldn't be doing business with Accenture. Think it's bad now.....just wait a few more months.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sorry but you are wrong. IT is an expense and for some reason have forgotten why they even exist at J&J - to serve the business who serve the shareholders. I don't know why IT is even around given that they just hire external vendors and consultants to do the work so what value does IT bring other than being the very expensive non-technology middlemen? similar to Office Space where the IT guy says "I have people skills....god dammit!" after being asked "what exactly would you say you do here?"

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fact is every employee of the company is an expense to the business bottom line. Fact is IT is just a shell of what it once was because of an over decade old business mandate to reduce costs that resulted in the top line expense outsourced arrangement you have today. Business leadership was advised then about the knowledge and service impact and the bell continues to ring true today – you get what your leadership's reduced cost budget deserves.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't think any of you know how IT works. It is a much needed expense and only growing. You slander IT without any proof and yet expect changes? I bet you are voting for Trump.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

IT can't be successful at JNJ for the following reasons:

• Your IT professionals are expected to be business people--except your leadership instituted a centralized model (remember the Beerse/Raritan hub model) so there are really no resources embedded in the business to "know the business".
    • You are really what's know as business analysts, resources who take user requirements and document them to a 3rd party...normally an outside vendor. Since most of you aren't technical you believe everything a vendor tells you.
    • You are a cost center that costs TOO much and take TOO long to get anything done. Your business partners are all creating shadow IT organizations over and over again just to keep you from screwing up their projects.
    • Your project processes take too long. 120 hours of effort to get a CAR signed?!---and that's just total duration and doesn't reflect the 12 people needed.

As a contractor PM, I call tell you that your colleagues know nothing about project management---most of your PMO at ITS (LY for instance) don't have familiarity with your own SDLC processes. I've handed people templates I've pulled off the portal to be asked where I got that.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Welcome to J&J IT. This is what happens when IT leaders are consumed in centralize/decentralize war for ever. They forgot the very purpose they are here for. It is time in J&J for business to take responsibility for technology and embedded them in business. We don't need corporate IT.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please learn to read and write in proper English and then can back to us. Thank you

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This guy is drunk

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ITExit....
    It is a shame that Copr American letting these incompetent MBA in charge. IT is just a cost center to these idiot's eye. Cost saving, outsourcing games are the best they can do. Let's get rid of the COST center as a whole, don't need you, otherwise, listen good, idiot. Every employee should be able to help company make profit directly or indirectly. IT COST can be easily justified from the Business unit who needed IT service. Get rid of GTS, ITS, NCS whatever it is. they don't care about biz, they don't know biz, they have no way of helping company making profit. Until one day company can easily justify existing of IT, IT will always be a 2nd class citizen.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Profit!!!!!! Current leaders are burning some serious cash and hiring VP's and Sr Directors from outside. If you worked for CVS, Medco or Blueline then you are hired with some serious packages and minimum one level of promotion. No idea what they will do with so many people.