JnJ's new fibrin sealant VistaSeal from Grifols

Discussion in 'Baxter' started by anonymous, Jun 21, 2019 at 5:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so looks like this is happening. new devices approved in advance of JnJ's new fibrin sealant VistaSeal coming from Grifols. makes sense. no more supply issues from Evicel as Evicel made in a small plant in Israel. Grifols is a top 3 plasma manufacturer with plenty of supply for fibrinogen and thrombin. says to launch by end of 2019. looks like the devices are the current Evicel drip/spray applicators for open and lap with no gas or regulator. I am sure they will be highlighting that. i can imagine this will be a full court press marketing launch against Tisseel.

Ethicon Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for VISTASEAL Open and Laparoscopic Dual Applicator Devices

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 words:
    VIBE
    Swagger

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bye Bye Baxter...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ok?? is that initials for Vista Seal?? sorry not getting it

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Baxter’s response: nothing

Pass it off to the new Tisseel product manager, the fourth one in three years.

Btw..Conicelli was the worst product manager ever!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Their airless tip is great and makes Easy Spray look like a giant hassle- how long has it been available? Three years? Pathetic it’s taken Baxter this long to even plan on a similar tip.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And what's our response from Marketing? From Wil? From Meg? From anyone? Zilch.
    I get we have to worry about ourselves and sell what's in our bag but still, our marketing team said nothing. C'mon Deerfield, act like we're in the game.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What’s going on at Deerfield? I would of thought Baxter would of known about this months ago. Talk about Baxter being behind the 8 ball in every way.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Baxter BioSurgery is a sinking ship, this is common knowledge! Keep positive and hope for real medical company buys the division.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

an airless tip for Tisseel aint gonna work. we have tried that before (duoflow??). tisseel too thick evicel is less thick so it works.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

.... but yet another broken wheel on the backwards Baxter short bus!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's hope we get bought out. Sure seems like we're up for sale. We aren't investing in the company, leadership is absent from top, no one in marketing knows anything other than how to promote the IFUs while Joe seems more interested in stock prices and traveling the globe. Bet we're on the block by years end.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yeah, but would you buy as an investor with something like this looming?? i think people will want to wait and see how Baxter can respond and see how the market plays out. There is a shortlist of companies that would have interest in Biosurgery that could (or at least believe) that they can create more value by bringing it into their organization versus the value of it staying at Baxter. and Biosurgery still makes money for Baxter with good profits margins so they arent' going to just give it away!!!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is wrong with you people? You act like Ethicon has never had a fibrin sealant and now they do. So now they will market VistaSeal and get rid of Evicel. Or keep them both. Either way, who cares?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not a matter of them marketing this or Evicel. The bigger point is that OUR marketing and OUR leadership team haven't said a word about it. We read about it on a news wire. Add to the fact that we're losing Tachosil with no strategic plan behind how to make that up (yes, I know it's few years away), a president who can't or won't pull the trigger on any deals that will help us long term and then won't spend money to update our own products or indications but instead promotes the VIBE scale like that's gonna help us hit our number, it just makes you wonder what's going on in Deerfield.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh really? Vista seal is rtu, has better tips, and oh yea, it can held out a room temp for a week. Baxter is toast!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Enjoy the payouts that you will all be paying back later this year and the false growth for next year.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HEMOBLAST !!!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not a matter of them marketing this or Evicel. The bigger point is that OUR marketing and OUR leadership team haven't said a word about it. We read about it on a news wire. Add to the fact that we're losing Tachosil with no strategic plan behind how to make that up (yes, I know it's few years away), a president who can't or won't pull the trigger on any deals that will help us long term and then won't spend money to update our own products or indications but instead promotes the VIBE scale like that's gonna help us hit our number, it just makes you wonder what's going on in Deerfield. Think long and hard about coming to work at Baxter!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn’t you just say this in an earlier post? I do like the expert use of color, font, and underlining.