Job Fair near Chicago

Discussion in 'Medical Diagnostic Laboratories (MDL)' started by Anonymous, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone been invited to the job fair next week in Oak Lawn, Illinois? Do you know what kind of questions are asked during the interview? Has anyone attended these in the past? Any info would b greatly appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you seriously need to read the job boards on CF about mdl.....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The job fair in Chicago is going on this week. Has anyone interviewed yet? I have my interview tomorrow. Let me know what questions they are asking? I would appreciate it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where r u from??? I have one too

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask them if they have any direct contracts with the Blues plans in your territory. As of 10/12/2012, MDL (and all other labs) can no longer bill through one or two Blues plans for all their work, and they're being forced to try to get in-network with each individual Blues plan. That's become an impossible feat, as MDL offers no medically necessary testing that can't already be obtained from in-network LabCorp and Quest facilities.

Double check what they tell you by going out to your local Blues plans' provider directory websites to see if MDL is listed. If they aren't, then MDL's out-of-network, and you'll have a hell of a time convincing physicians to send lab work your way.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

all of you seriously need to read all of the mdl boards on CF. there's no way you can be this stupid and naive.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's "CF"? Is that the same as Cafe Pharma?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Omg! I think we've found a winner! Yes. You will be the next proud employee at mdl. Congrats. Just ignore all of the other shit written by many other people on many different boards and threads. You are mdl material..............

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I see! You mean Cafe Farma! Silly me.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no, not from that. you're just mdl material. good luck.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow. ok. just got back from my fantastic interview. b4 I went though I read all of the mdl posts. did you?
    ok....can i work my 12 hour shift with 2 broken legs and sprained wrist. of course.
    ok....can i work driving 17 mph in my wonderful little yaris. of course.
    ok....will i always have an anal-rentive organized trunk. of course.
    ok....do i have a problem knowing i will never get a comm check. not at all. i'll just feel grateful to have a job.
    ok.....am i aware i can and will probably will get fired either....b4 training is over, in 1 month or 90 days. it's ok. i'll just feel grateful to have a job.
    my questions.......why does everything kick in after 90 days? .... strange look.
    my questions.......how exactly is the commission structured? ..... strange sounds.
    my questions.......i want to talk to and ride along with some reps of my choice.....looking for another job.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone hear back from the Chicago interviews yet? They said next week. Just wondered if anyone had heard as of yet?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

very cute...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She changes the test every time. Most of the test relates to the script and specific parts of it. It won't be easy, there are trick questions and some questions on material not covered in training. Training is learning the script. There is no elevator speech, it's in the script, objection handling, because if you follow the script you will close 100% of the time.

If you have no medical experience you better show up prepared to pronounce the disease states correctly and recite the window speech without reading it. Volunteer early and often to role play, that will cast a good light on you. No side conversations or questions not related to the script. As my manager told me "fly under the radar, don't do anything to draw attention to yourself" At least 2 people were fired from my class the Monday after training that I know of."

I hope you know what you're getting yourself into.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A script? this is such shit! I have not heard of a script since the 90's . Where have these people been for the last 18 years? In a cave with no contact with the outside world. What happens if you dont know word for word? OR you paraphrase? How many days do you have to memoize this script?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

scripts went out in the late 80's - early 90's. not ONLY do you have to memorize the idiotic script that 99% of the time you will not finish in front of a client........BUT, you better pronounce each and every medical term 101% precisely correct. Some people have been fired b4 training was over. VT thought in her infinite wisdom they just would make it out in the field. If you can see this now........you have some idea what you're in store for.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Golly, I sure hope you're right! Merry Christmas!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go fuck yourself , assholes! ef

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't. mdl already did that to me.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whole thing is bullsh@t. this reeks with vt all over it. using scripts. pronouncing the disease state precisely. having tests in training. trick questions. i'm telling ya..........this is all nothing compared to what's it like when u actually work there. vt is every companys' worst nightmare.