Job Interview/HR

Discussion in 'Mead Johnson Nutritionals' started by Anonymous, Jan 12, 2014 at 12:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a phone screen/interview with HR around Thanksgiving and I was told that I made the first round and they would proceed with the interview process. I was also told about some of the basic benefits.

I was told that I was the first viable candidate and because they wanted several candidates to be interviewed at the same time, I would have to wait about a week before I heard from HR. Well it's been 6 weeks and HR will not return my emails or calls and the position is apparently still open.

Can someone give me some insight into what may be going on? I'm a bit frustrated. Thank you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are probably not going to "Hollywood". As soon as I had my phone interview I had the DM call me within a few days to set up an in person.

You don't really want to work for MJN anyhow. Yes its a job, but then again that's like eating a plate of shit and calling it dinner.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just thought it was very unprofessional to actually tell me that they were moving me forward and what I was to expect and then not to hear anything. I've had a lot of interviews in my life, but I've never had this happen. Did you take the job?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG! I got the job! I'm so excited!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great! Use the experience as resume builder so you can go get a better paying job

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh you poor unfortunate soul. You might as well throw yourself off a bridge, as you'd be happier floating in a river than working for these yoo hoo's. I will indeed pray for you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes....run as far and as fast you can......and then keep running!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviewed for a position. 3 face to face interviews ( all day) and absolutely no follow up by HR or the hiring manager/director. I know I was over qualified, closed for the position, wrote the thank you notes and absolutely no professional courtesy to follow up. Said they would follow up within 2 weeks. They took pages of notes, got a lot of great ideas, they were good at probing for examples and ideas. Well if this is how you treat a potential candidate, soon to be a competitor, how do you think your reps/ managers should be treated by their customers. Always follow up with a candidate when they interview for 5-6 hours. It's ok not to get the job, it's the professional courtesy that is lacking here.

Thanks, it was great practice for the other job I got.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I completely agree! Not responding or following up with potential candidates is completely unprofessional. Doesn't Mead Johnson understand that potential candidates coming from the Health Care field may have an influence to whether or not we use their formulas?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe the final test was how hungry were you for the job? Did you follow up within a week to check your status? No? Hmmmmm...l guess you weren't that into job, eh?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same here. In person interviews 2 weeks ago. Was told they would make a decision by now. Nothing. Crickets. Tried contacting recruiter just so I can get confirmation I was not chosen, no reply. Why can' they just give you the common courtesy to let you know you didn' get it. Job has since been reposted so I assume that is my answer.