Joke of base salary

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Apr 22, 2018 at 3:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

was just offered a Biologics position and base offered was low 140s. The funny thing is I’m at 157k in biotech so why is AstraZeneca paying so low???? Base offered should have been 165k Plus at a MINIMUM! I turned it down of course but note to AZ leaders - if you want top talent pay competitive base salaries!!! 143k offered is low!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are high. If you are getting 157K, you are doing very well. 165K for a rep? dreaming

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hmmm the average base salary for a rep at a true Biotech like Biogen, Genzyme, Genentech Amgen etc is 150k + or ~ with many near 200k bass salary. Yes for reps. AZ is NOT a biotech company

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ is not a company, it is a cult.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I call BS on these near 200K salaries for reps. If that is what is being paid, these companies are stupid. The big pharma companies are rising up with specialty (biologics/oncology). Enjoy your obscene salaries now because the deep pockets of big pharma will decimate you and thus your salaries. Just look at Merck and BMS with the PD-1's. Genetech is an afterthought. So much for paying for the "best".

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ask the reps from ZS Pharma about their salaries. Don’t forget about the retention bonus. Are they really that much better than us AZ reps?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't think mine leaves his house ever?!?!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many companies are paying higher salaries because their bonus plans are 35K-60K tops, some even less.

My salary is a little under the original poster’s, but my company’s target payout of 60K is easy to exceed, which is why I’m staying.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

my friend works at Biogen his salary is about 165k and his bonus is targeted at 44k. So close to 200k and he also gets about 20k in RSUs per year. This is standard at biotech.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AstraZeneca salary is ridiculous. Biotech rate for a good rep is easily 150k on low end to over 200k in base with bonuses in the 60-90k range and don’t even get me started on stock options.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The ZS reps that ZS hired before being acquired by AZ are reps that have very experienced proven resumes. Single non team performance numbers and many from the device world in an environment where you actually have to sell!!!. So if you want to compare the typical big pharma AZ rep to the ZS reps you’re kidding yourself. Now I’m not saying there’s not any crap ZS reps and really good AZ reps to be fair. But as a whole the ZS reps are extremely experienced if you were to compare the resumes of the AZ reps to the ZS reps there’s a big difference. Don’t get defensive if you’re a AZ rep, it just is what it is. I think people that have closed multi-million dollar contracts at big hospitals for devices and / or a pharmaceutical agent ( which most that got hired have accomplished ) rank higher and should be paid more than those of the typical big pharmaceutical reps. Get real with yourself and keep your false ego in check.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If that’s even the case, that was how many years ago? What have you been doing the past two years? Are ZS reps doing anything different or better than the AZ reps? Awards won? Superior rankings? Seriously.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To whoever posted the quote above, thanks for confirming the fact that there is a difference between the ZS reps and most ( not all ) of the AZ reps by the statements made. Let me get this straight, Your asking what we have been doing the past two years? Awards won? Rankings? So In another words you’re stating that your expectation as an AZ rep was that the ZS reps in order to prove their worthiness had/have to clean up the entire mess of a launch YOU the AZ reps have created? You had a over 7 YEARS to make this product a success. The window is closed now! The ZS reps Are supposed to win awards and have superior rankings and make a huge difference in the short timeframe on a drug that is over 7 years old against a generic that’s work GREAT despite our brainwashing bullshit data? Wow again thank you for demonstrating your absolute stupidity and false ego self and entitled typical big Pharma rep mentality.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To the ZS Reps: Yes, this is AstraZeneca indeed. Most (not all) of the reps here are insecure and have delusions of grandeur. How they treat and disrespect you now is the same way the AZ Diabetes reps treated the BMS and Amylin reps during the alliance and takeover. Get used to it, but don’t let them get you down. Keep your chin up because you are truly better than them.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow! This company has really gone downhill. Dissenting among the ranks, and that is usually influenced from the top. Great leadership has not been present at AZ for quite some time. it is illustrated with all the constant negativity and bickering among the melting pot that was created from the merging and yet, where are the "leaders" to bring us together?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The leaders only care about one thing right now and that is more sales! They don't care about morale or culture and don't realize that when things are positive, people do more and sell more!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this is complete bullshit

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

157K as a rep? Good for you but your company way overvalues your worth. Any rep making more than 150K should feel very very fortunate regardless of therapeutic area.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Better question, Why are you even looking at AZ if you are a high paid biotech rep? I call bullshit. The only people looking to come here to work are losers and unemployed. Here is a hint, AZ is not a biotech company.