JOM Deselection

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Apr 16, 2008 at 8:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yesterday at JOM/GPSG they deselected 37 associates. Many of them were over the age of 40 and some were in their early 50's. Management also made the decision to close down the Bridgewater Distribution Center in August of this year. All of the material that was shipped out of Bridgewater will now be shipped from our brand new distribution center in Kentucky.

I can't believe they deselected 37 associates, that's 1/2 of the New Jersey workforce in distribution for JOM/GPSG.

The Sales & Marketing Distribution Center is now being evaluated to see if it is better to go 3rd Party. That decision will be made by years end.

I have been working there for 7 years, and I can honestly say Management has changed so much in the past 7 years. The old school is out and this "NEW" school Management is in. They hire people straight out of college with ZERO experience (oh except for a 8 month internship) and make them Team Leaders with 20 direct reports. What do these kids know about having direct reports? They even promoted one person from Customer Service to a Team Leader in Distribution, and his education was a 2 year degree for Web Design. What a JOKE!

One guy they deselected was 53 years old, with 34 years in J&J. 2 years away from retirement and they get rid of him.

I was one of the lucky ones who got to keep his job, my ratings have always been good, so I was not deselected. But when I heard and saw all these people losing their jobs, it hurt me, because I know all these people and I'm friends with them.

This shows how at any moment Management is ready to start cutting, no matter how big or small. I hear about other layoffs in the company, but it never hits home until it happens to you or someone you know. I think it sucks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gotta love the term "deselection." Sounds very clinical and precise. Reminds me of the "unbonus" I was awarded this year.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love the way J&J hires supervisors. The person with the degree in web design must have a degree in pole smoking as well. This is just another indication to bail out while you can!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right, time to bail. I think it's funny how they hire supervisors right out of college with no experience.

Then they decide to start a new DC in Kentucky and close the ones in NJ. I hope a tornado comes and blows the roof off!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All things said, not only do "Team Leaders" have an infalliability comparable to the pope, but, they are looked upon " as the newest saviors of JNJ".
    AMEX cards, recruiting trips to Rutgers and Penn State, half of the time they aren't "leading" anything but jobs into the shitter.
    There is one great Team Leader at JOM, and he knows who he is.
    In a ironc coincidence, all involved with the KDC start up and planning, have jumped the ship to other companies or far away from JOM Distribution.
    All of the rats were the first to take the jump. Their impact? Uniforms, clocking in and out,and policies-on-the-fly.
    Brian Smith, Gina Schneider,Craig Scott,Hassan whatever, Scott Gaston , and many others " trumpeted" how great this new venture was going to be.
    They must have known the JOM ship was sinking, because the took their lofty salaries and perks and ran off to ensure job security....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've also heard rumors that there are projected layoffs for the OMP site in NJ. Anyone have any inside info on what's going on there?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you people are just jealous. Do you think its easy to stand in front of a group of people and lie with a straight face. jOM managemant has no problem doing it so stop your whineing. Cheese anyone?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's very true, however as a result of all their lies and misleading information management is destroying JOM.

Well what do you expect, they keep hiring these young kids into management with no experience and make them responsible for a business they know nothing about. It's the companies fault for that.

You know what I love the best, when you ask management a question and they tell you they will get back to you, and they never do. That's priceless! It just makes management look stupid. And they wonder why the associates don't respect or trust them.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

haha dont know if he smoker pole, but does smoke something else.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and lord knows they ADORE penn staters!! let it be known, the crapiest team leaders have come FROM penn state. they did break the mold with a rhode islander....again, another kid out of college, 1 year supervisor experience...oh yea...we can't forget about her internships either...that makes her resume TOPS doesnt it? dont get me wrong, i hear good things about her but again... another kid out of college!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Latest rumer is CK isnt leaving yet. Must have missed some of his buddys in the deselection process. Tough to get 5 years or get off your ass. lol

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't hear that one yet... is he planning to leave jom?

14. Anonymous66

Anonymous66 Guest

there was a good leader few years ago, little guy out of rutgers, he wasn't 1/2 bad, and he actually fought for his beliefs and fought with upper management. i guess you never realize how good they are until they leave. but he was also taught well.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i was one of the lucky ones who get to keep his job, and saw some of my friends get deselected. but i am realizing that you are all a bunch of whiney bitches! maybe if you cared enough to do a good job you wouldn't be in the position you are in! maybe if you told your friends to get some work done instead of screwing around and they would be in a good position too! and for the team leaders, they are puppets doing what upper management wants them to do. they don't know what the hell is going on either, and don't get me started on them, but we all need to be responsible for our own destiny. because of all of this, we still need to be worriried about what the future holds but iknow i am going to work my ass off to make sure that i have a job tomorrow. the hell with all of you, you're on your own. i'm looking out for me and that means cutting all you complainers off. later suckers. every man for himself!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congratulations shit-for-brains. That's the team spirit we're looking for. Pack your bags, Mr. "I'll do it all by myself." You're the next to go. The big, bad job market can wait to get its cruel hands on you and rip you a brand new one.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would drug-testing for management be around the corner?
    No way.
    Maybe they should do a "sting type operation" that TL get tested after coming back from lunch.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for him. He was phony, self-serving, and did unethical things behind the scenes.
    He's gone on to poison others in his life and career with his horse breath.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only good team leader went on to raritan. She was honest and treated every one the same. If you screwed up you paid the price not the rest of the team. The only reason she didnt get the managers job was she wouldnt kiss chucks butt like the managers we have now. She had good ideas how to change things, but it didnt fit in with the rest of the puppets. What a waste of great talent.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think so. What did she do? All she did was write people up for their attendance. What did she accomplish at JOM? Nothing. Also, he was offered the Managers job however as a result of her burning bridges with the associates before she left, she did not accept the Managers job because she knew people hated her.