Juno Acquisition

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by anonymous, Sep 19, 2018 at 5:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi All,

I was searching the Celgene page here and didn't see much in regards to acquiring Juno in March 2018. As a Juno employee, I was wondering what the buzz is about us at your HQ/Summit? Also, was wondering if there is anything that us CAR-T folk in the Seattle area we should look out for or worry about.

Thanks!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what do you Juno employees think about celgene,

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So far so good I guess. This is the second acquisition I've been thru, except this is big pharma buying a startup; versus when I was in big pharma being bought by big pharma. It's actually sort of a slow change. We've only started to adopt a small amount of policies and scopes of governing procedures thus far. My past experiences it happened quite quickly.

Would there be any reasons why we aren't adopting these more quickly? Especially some of your corporate procedures from your manufacturing facility in Pheonix?

Thanks

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The clowns in your admin offices are resistant of all change, modifications and integration activities. It's like you forgot that you've been bought. It's been one of the most painful M&As I've ever been a part of and I have done MANY being in Pharma for 20+ years.
    Some of the biggest whiners and complainers I have ever seen. Focused on all the wrong areas and worried about everything but just doing their jobs. Entitled. Ungrateful.

I have witnessed interactions and comments that would make you shake your head.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like they dont want to be part of the big acquirer

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, during these conversations has anyone been held accountable to their reactions/interactions? At the end of the day, celgene is paying our salary and Juno as part of the organization needs to accept that. I wish there was a more of an "attack the issue" and stretegic implementation of operations being set in place.

Clearly though, there's a high level decision maker here that would rather shake his/her head than crack down and hold people accountable. Welcome to Juno, a world where you need to worry about people's feelings rather than calling a shot.

Shall you hold someone accountable?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the last couple years have been gravy

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like you lack the skills to integrate a company or to motivate people. This paragraph speaks more to your inadequacy than anything. I'm sure you actually aren't involved and just a troll - but if you are, my point is solid.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha. Clearly you've never met a "Junovian"

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sounds like darrell.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i know it’s all water under the bridge now but does this have anything to do with the failed submission? MA eventually past the buck on responsibility to the JUNO folks didn’t he?